Anyone shopped from Bike24.com?

Cippo

collected the frame from the post office late yesterday afternoon ... attended an inconveniently timed and long school meeting when I got home, and then built her up late last night :)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

collected the frame from the post office late yesterday afternoon ... attended an inconveniently timed and long school meeting when I got home, and then built her up late last night :)

I know you're just being a tease. But this post is completely and utterly useless without pictures.

• 1 month later...

I've tried to find clarity on the shipping method Bike24 uses. Is it DHL Express or DHL Postal? Do parcels get delivered to you or are they apprehended by SAPO?

Think it is DHL postal.

It get's sent to your local post office.

I've tried to find clarity on the shipping method Bike24 uses. Is it DHL Express or DHL Postal? Do parcels get delivered to you or are they apprehended by SAPO?

:cursing:   aramex it is

it took a month from purchase (over a weekend) to the frame being in my grubby paws.

But send them a mail and see if they can do express ... recon they would be able to assist given the manner in which their service dept replied to all my queries.

But send them a mail and see if they can do express ... recon they would be able to assist given the manner in which their service dept replied to all my queries.

they don't offer DHL express service only the standard service

Edited by Malpiet

I made that mistake of thinking they used DHL Express, and now my tires are stuck in JIMC.

Had same issue. Picked up parcel today, two months after it arrived in SA. This is consistent with my previous experience with postal services.

Hope you dont need the tires urgently

Had same issue. Picked up parcel today, two months after it arrived in SA. This is consistent with my previous experience with postal services.

When I realised it was in the JIMC I made a back up plan.

My order from bike24 was: Continental Top CONTACT II 700x45C

Got something that will do from CWC: Continental Sport Contact 700x42C

Not the same puncture resistance, but good enough.

Edited by GaryvdM

Ja I am currently playing that game again too, only place I could find a 27mm seatpost was bike24. Luckily this time I am not in a hurry and it isn’t an expensive order, when I was waiting for my new group set to build up my old steel machine it was another story....

• 2 months later...

I have ordered 2 shipments from Bike24 recently. Generally arrive in the country within a week and then get stuck at the JIMC. One parcel has been there for over a month  :cursing: .

I emailed Bike24 about the situation after a very depressing call with a SAPO customer service agent. Basically there is a large backlog and they don' have the cash to solve the problem.

I requested that they give us shipping alternatives as the SAPO is totally stuffed.

Will keep you posted if I get any feedback.

Cheers

W