Tokai murder

sawystertrance

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The most cars I've seen at one event in all my life!! U2 would have been proud to have a turnout like that one last night. 

Very good to hear that!

A Farouk was mentioned in an ANA/IOL  story about four days ago.  

I've mentioned him once in this thread but not by name though, more like by reputation.

The cops would not respond to a tipoff in 2013 when I took info on the location of two bikes stashed in a roof in a house with address details provided. Their response was that Farouk was out on the road with his girls. My interpretation to this completely unrelated factor was that they may not have had permission to respond to the tipoff, who knows. All I recall was the level of frustration after I had to provide them with all the info in a case where a man was severely beaten with a farm treated pole for his bike. With the help of the farm owner, we even delivered the prime suspect id'd by several people, only to be let free a few hours later.

They eventually ran the prints a year later on the bottle I took in a year later and found "something" but it went no further. It was all really odd, but an eye opener on how "things" work/or don't.

Edited by (Deon)
Just to be clear that it took a year to run the prints on the bottle I took in the morning after the mugging.

Franziska case postponed until Apr 5.

Rhodes Memorial accused abandons bail bid. Back on May 17.  

Edited by Tumbleweed

I read that the Tokai crims were remanded in Pollsmoor, not Wynberg gaol, so the one guy got what he wanted - to be close to Daddy

Guest notmyname

Drove past the court earlier. Sad sad sad days man. Sherbert.

Guest notmyname

You on holiday - again?

No. 1 day of work then some time in Sedgefield. Next week in PE and the following week back in ct. Equal balance of work and pleasure. Key to life.

http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2016/03/18/heres-what-happened-outside-the-tokaiteen-murder-trial-today/

Aged between 21 and 32, the men have been detained in the Wynberg police cells, even after requests to be moved to Pollsmoor. Applying for bail, Prosecutor Kepler Uys responded:

"We have the necessary bail information. In as far as issue as bail is concerned, the State is opposed to bail for all four. Have taken liberty of organising tentative bail application date of 5 April 2016.

At this stage, accused number four cannot be excluded from crime of murder as well as rape. All four are being charged with all counts at this stage."

The four will now be moved to Pollsmoor Prison as they await the trial. The court room was packed to capacity and supporters of both Franziska and Sinoxolo Mafevuka let out a cheer upon hearing the interim verdict. News24 reports:

"Chaos erupted as they were led down with everyone pushing to get closer to them. The crowd hissed, shouted at them, pointed fingers. Journalists were pushed in the few seconds of chaos. "

Shots fired...

And you know what? She's on point. 

Ja, Her reply is very interesting as it's the opposite of what my opinion was. I was of the opinion that the SAPS were all a National competency and that the slow response to the murder was just typical of a possibly intentionally under-resourced and unmotivated police force. I realised the difference in speed of the arrests was in part due to the different community reactions to the crimes but felt that the police were primarily to blame for reacting slowly in the Khayelitsha case. 

Edit: I think she also still feels that this is the case but also feels that the local police are handicapped by National restrictions and that the Minister person was out of line in criticising them so directly.

Edited by sawystertrance

• 8 months later...

I robbed Franziska to keep my child in crèche - murder accused
2016-12-06 News24

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/i-robbed-franziska-to-keep-my-child-in-creche-murder-accused-20161206

One of the men accused of killing teenager Franziska Blöchliger decided to rob her because he needed money to keep his child in crèche, the Wynberg Magistrate's Court heard on Tuesday.

Howard Oliver, 28, a married father of two, claimed that while he had robbed the 15-year-old Kalk Bay girl as she jogged through Tokai Forest on March 7, he had not killed her.

He said he witnessed co-accused Jonathan Jonas shove her face into the ground and rape her. He said he was unable to do anything as Jonas had held them both at gunpoint.

This was contained in an affidavit Oliver submitted as part of his bail application. His lawyer Monique Carstens read it to the court.

Oliver claimed he had walked through Tokai Forest after leaving De Kleine Constantia, where he worked as a general labourer. He said had failed to secure a loan at his workplace to pay his child's crèche fees.

... more

Edited by FrankTank