• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Santa Cruz Tallboy large frame.

American Classic All Mountain wheels.

Racing Ralph tyres.

Shimano XT 1x11.

Race Face bits and pieces.

11.4 kg ready to race with 2 cages, pedals and garmin.

One thing not to forget is that small/light riders do not want to ride up mountains with a heavy soft tail.

My older s works is 12.4 kg but there is a maxis ust on the back and its 2\10 xtr

If I splash out 15k for a 1/11 and better wheels yes down to about 11kg

For now im starting with 1/11 don't know if its the right way to go.

My Anthem Adv (Carbon) is 9.7kg with pedals and cage, ready to ride - built for XCO, but Not overly stupid light stuff, built to not break, 

Full XTR 1x10

DT swiss hubs, carbon rims (1350gr wheelset)

Lefty XLR Fork

AX Lightness seat and post (only thing I would change if I was to race the epic on this bike)

KCNC Bars

Syntace flat force Stem

Cannondale Hollowgram cranks with BB30 to PF30 conversion bearings

Change between tyres for various races (Ikon, Renegade - weighed with these tyres, continental RS raceking)

I weigh 62kg so I can get away with light stuff

I dont do the carbon bars and stem thing, seen to many broken ones to have faith in it.

The lefty coversion steerer tube is heavy (Ally) at 175gr. could drop 75gr there, 75 gr on the bars, and 50gr on the stem.

easily seeing me down to 9.5kg but then it would be fragile in my mind.

My HT is 8.3kg for comparison. 

Mike

My Build... and the weight:

Pyga Stage (medium)

Rockshox SID XX 120mm fork

Pyga Xc Carbon rims,

Hope Pro 2 Evo Hubs

Pillar (Light thin) spokes.

Chris King InSet2 Headset

Thomson Elite X4, 60mm Stem

Thomson Carbon Mtb XC Handle Bar

Thomson MasterPiece Seat Post

M8000 Groupset (with iSpec attachment) (1x11)

XTR chainring

Vittoria Barzo tyres

Selle Italia Panther FP seat

11.6Kg with trail pedals

Seriously not allot of place to go lighter other than full XTR groupset and a world cup fork or RS1, and change the trail pedals for race pedals.

11kg flat is def do-able. XTR groupset (or XTR crank at least), dif fork, lighter seat post and stem and dif pedals.

but less, becomes $$$$, and for a Alu frame, hmmm dmmm, will want to see that build.

G

Edited by awesme

Think your big saver is the lefty and XTR crank, there is allot of weight in those 2 items.

G

My Anthem Adv (Carbon) is 9.7kg with pedals and cage, ready to ride - built for XCO, but Not overly stupid light stuff, built to not break, 

Full XTR 1x10

Lefty XLR Fork

AX Lightness seat and post (only thing I would change if I was to race the epic on this bike)

KCNC Bars

Syntace flat force Stem

Change between tyres for various races (Ikon, Renegade - weighed with these tyres, continental RS raceking)

I dont do the carbon bars and stem thing, seen to many broken ones to have faith in it.

The lefty coversion steerer tube is heavy (Ally) at 175gr. could drop 75gr there, 75 gr on the bars, and 50gr on the stem.

Mike

the frame weight with a shock, axle, hanger, seat clamp and cable guides should be 2.2-2.3kgs. Based on a large frame so medium might be marginally lighter

G

What does the frame with shock weigh?

One thing not to forget is that small/light riders do not want to ride up mountains with a heavy soft tail.

My older s works is 12.4 kg but there is a maxis ust on the back and its 2\10 xtr

If I splash out 15k for a 1/11 and better wheels yes down to about 11kg

For now im starting with 1/11 don't know if its the right way to go.

Interesting comment - I recently did a test between my hardtail (carbon) and my new dual sus (Trek) which is about 1.5kg heavier than the hardtail. I tested bikes back to back on the same trails and the heavier dually was unexpectedly faster on the uphills as well as technical, flat and downs. Given that I weigh around 57kg, 1.5kg difference is substantial (will post full details of my testing soon)

Specialized Camber Carbon Comp large frame.

American Classic Wide Lighting wheels.

2.3 Ground Control Tyres.

1x10 set-up with 34T Oval 11-36.

Reverb Stealth Dropper post

Easton Carbon flat handle bar

12.4kg with pedals

I know Rockshox only weighs in at 560g, but my word, I swear it weighs more than that. The bike is heavy at the back. But I love it!!

My XL alu Giant Anthem comes in at 10.4kg.

What have you changed on it? Would like to know what you changed to get it that low, especially on a XL frame ... I have a Large 2014 Anthem X1 with 1 x 10 conversion, Wide Lightning wheels, Nobby Nic and Rocket Ron SS tubeless, ESI grips, Look STrack pedals, 720 alu flatbar, and it comes in at 11.6kg ready to ride.

Edited by Kraggie

Full XTR 1x10

Lefty XLR Fork

KCNC Bars

Syntace flat force Stem

Mike

How did you get a PF30 bearing into a BB92 bottom bracket shell?

Silverback Sesta Team Size Large, XT pedal 2 x 120ml Sludge and wbcage   = 10.8 kg

aaahh love the fishing scale have one myself ????????...Excellent to weigh anything and everything.