XT vs XTR vs X01 vs XX1

AllAboutRides

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myles and you reckon those are good brakes?

Oh, absolutely. Beautiful brakes. You could even go for the RS versions, and save a bit of cash. Only thing the RSC's have over the RS's is the Contact Adjust, which isn't *that* useful. 

I had XX1 on my previous mtb and recently bought a bike with X01. Not noticing anything different at all. As matter of fact it actually shiftes smoother in my opinion

I think I will try the upgrade with XTR shifter first.....see how it goes and take it from there.

Jaco-fiets.....ek hoor jou lied!!! Dit sal seker dieselfde wees met XT en XTR se geval ook ;-)

I think I will try the upgrade with XTR shifter first.....see how it goes and take it from there.

Jaco-fiets.....ek hoor jou lied!!! Dit sal seker dieselfde wees met XT en XTR se geval ook ;-)

Verseker! XT hou ook verewig! Ek het al XTR op van my vorige bikes gehad. Was nog nooit mal daaroor

I have slowly over the past decade or so "downgraded" my mountain bike from XTR to XT and now SLX. The way these things have improved, I promise you it was an "upgrade". :thumbup:

I have slowly over the past decade or so "downgraded" my mountain bike from XTR to XT and now SLX. The way these things have improved, I promise you it was an "upgrade". :thumbup:

off the topic, but same for road components.

Early this year I was looking for a replacement 10 speed chain (had a Dura Ace 7800 chain)

Decided to go for the Tiagra 10 speed chain as it was for a training bike.

Was quit surprised to discover the Tiagra 10 speed chain was lighter that the older Dura Ace. 

Few grams but still!!

Really like this trickle  down technology 

Agree with the brakes..  Over the last year I've ridden or had X0, XT, XTR, Deore, SLX, XX and Guides RS and Guides RSC brakes.

X0 is the worst followed by XX then all the shimano brakes (pretty much feels the same - partcularly for a heavier guy) and then in a league of it's own the Guide RS and Guide RSC.

The modulation is simply amazing..

Actually, at the moment my hardtail still has XT brakes while my dualie has RS and every time I take the hardtail out I think to myself "Those Guides were SO worth it"

Just note: Hope x2 has arguably less power than shimanos, if stopping power is a priority (heavy

, aggressive riders) look at m4s from the outset.

In theory, they have the same stopping power, but shimono has a bigger initial bite, where Hope builds up more linearly, little force for little squeeze.

M4s give similar power to Shimano trail series, at a slightly increased weight of 30 grams per caliper over X2

Hope fanboy thread:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/132674-hope-brake-appreciation-thread/?hl=hope+evo&do=findComment&comment=2113522

• 2 weeks later...

I look forward to it.Not cheap though.

Took the plunge and ordered a stealth seatpost as well.

How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

I have the guide RS brakes on one of my bikes and it is by far the best bakes I have used.

SRAM XX1 great shifting it's never let me down. X01 not bad but if you can afford XX1 get it and yes with Guide brake set. 

Archived