Dirtopia Enduro series kicks off at Delvera

News bot

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the parachute on your back just in case you don't make the berm?

it's carrying my 3l water, jacket (in case it gets cold) spare gloves, tools, trail-side snacks & powerade (If I need it)

And a parachute. Cos you know, Enduro. 

It's my all-day pack. Carries everything I need and more, and it doubles as extra super secret training device when it's fully loaded... It's also that, or a water bottle. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

it's carrying my 3l water, jacket (in case it gets cold) spare gloves, tools, trail-side snacks & powerade (If I need it)

And a parachute. Cos you know, Enduro. 

It's my all-day pack. Carries everything I need and more, and it doubles as extra super secret training device when it's fully loaded... It's also that, or a water bottle. 

Hehe. Try and squeeze in the Weber and cooler box as well. Nothing like a boerie and a beer at the checkpoints. :P I've got a Camelbak Hawg as my all-day pack. You can almost fit the moon into that thing. 

Hehe. Try and squeeze in the Weber and cooler box as well. Nothing like a boerie and a beer at the checkpoints. :P I've got a Camelbak Hawg as my all-day pack. You can almost fit the moon into that thing. 

I've done that before (the boerie rolls, not the weber) 

Riding buddies were NOT impressed when out came the tinfoil-encased goodness and all they had were jungle oats bars... 

The key to speed on a bike is lighter - leaving the snacks at home is one way of lightening the pack and the rider....

the key to speed on a bike is not to suck... 

But yes, I agree. Maaaybe a bottle would have been the better option, or a fanny-pack like the Camelbak whateveritis...

I also didn't eat the snacks. So not necessary, maybe. Still - my first enduro in 2 years. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

I've done that before (the boerie rolls, not the weber) 

Riding buddies were NOT impressed when out came the tinfoil-encased goodness and all they had were jungle oats bars... 

But yes, I agree. Maaaybe a bottle would have been the better option, or a fanny-pack like the Camelbak whateveritis...

I also didn't eat the snacks. So not necessary, maybe. Still - my first enduro in 2 years. 

I can't run the risk of hunger on the trail. That makes me plenty grumpy and then I ride like crap. Well even crappier than usual....

I can't run the risk of hunger on the trail. That makes me plenty grumpy and then I ride like crap. Well even crappier than usual....

yeah. Agreed. So I'll still tote an energy bar or something, but maybe not the entire sink. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

The key to speed on a bike is lighter - leaving the snacks at home is one way of lightening the pack and the rider....

I always though wearing a heavier pack makes you go faster on the down hills, gravity and all that physics stuff  :w00t:

Don't be apologizing to the weight weenies mate, if you were happy to carry that stuff and enjoyed the day knock yourself out  :thumbup:

Myles, you're copping some abuse here dude? Next time you see one of those skinny fekkers, just ride over them. #bunnyhoppingisforsissies

Abuse is fun. 

But yeah. The additional weight of a full pack is a bit much. Maybe. This was a tester as well. Next time I will be slimming the pack down. Also didn't want to get caught out at the waterpoints if they didn't have a lot to nonch on. 

EDIT: BUT - I'd rather lose 20kg myself than do away with 3 or 4 kg in the backpack. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Abuse is fun. 

But yeah. The additional weight of a full pack is a bit much. Maybe. This was a tester as well. Next time I will be slimming the pack down. Also didn't want to get caught out at the waterpoints if they didn't have a lot to nonch on. 

EDIT: BUT - I'd rather lose 20kg myself than do away with 3 or 4 kg in the backpack. 

nice bike, it looks too small for you, i can ridetest it for you!

So simonsberg?

last year's delheim enduro was pretty epic and an excellent way to end the season. Some super sick single track and a brand new black route compliments of Mr. Botha. If this years event is anything like last year it's a definite must do!