axle

The MTBer

Is this for real?

Are you seriously willing to ride a bike with a 40% broken axil?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you service your bike regularly?

Do you give it a major service at least once a year?

Something that's 40% broken cant be 100% functional without a huge amount of risk to YOU.

The LBS have a expenses on your behalf like telephone calls, courier etc etc etc.

You can be gratefull that it finally broke while at the LBS.

So, it's def not a case of them paying nothing.

If it was my bikeshop, you would have paid for everything.

The only mistake they made was promising to pay for it without making sure of ALL the facts at that very moment.

So, don't take chances like this plse - pay up -  they're being more than fair!

I am sorry, have you ever read a sign in a shop that say "when you brake it, you pay it"? doesn't that mean you have to pay even when that product even if you didn't intend to break it? 

I am 100% broke before my next paycheck.

and if not, I make sure to by beer with whatever is left over.

Not sure I understand. It was 40% broken, but 100%... what does that mean. You mean that you could still ride but it would give way completely at any time; because it's either broken or not. Not sure how you would measure something being 40% broken...

Is this for real?

Are you seriously willing to ride a bike with a 40% broken axil?

40% is just a percentage I gave it, you cannot see that the product already have a weak spot.

I am sorry, have you ever read a sign in a shop that say "when you brake it, you pay it"? doesn't that mean you have to pay even when that product even if you didn't intend to brake it? 

Que???

40% is just a percentage I gave it, you cannot see that the product already have a weak spot.

How did the bike shop then establish that the part had a failure before re-assembly?

I get your point. Go ahead ride with a broken axil.

You must have a brilliant medical aid.

Bad timing for them, but it probably saved you a good deal of pain in the long run.

I would have paid cost without complaining.

cannot help myself................ :ph34r:

brake - makes things stop

break - is broken

ok....got that off my chest

Im sitting this one out, its got great potential but just leaving a post before the OP gets tarred and feathered by the pitchfork brigade.

Hmm

What would have happened if it broke on your first ride instead of in their shop?

THen you would have complained that they should have replaced it as it was faulty.

Sorry mate things wear out and if they break because of wear then its your liability not the LBS.

I think they offered to fix at cost so you got a new axle for something that was faulty....

Archived