Ruby vs ESI grips vs Luvhandles?

Andrek

I find that Luv Handles twist on the bars.

Are you guys using glue when you install ? 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem, trying to buy Much Luv for the last 10 months - they never have stock, actually don't see the point of them having them on their website.

I have had the Silic, ESI and Luv's twist on the bars before .... tend to swap bars, bikes, etc and they in turn tend to then start slipping.

I put my old set of Luv's on the commuter recently using a layer of insulation tape on the bars first, then spraying the tape and inside of the grips with deodorant (The tape gets a little sticky with the deo) and fitted the grips. Were easy to slide on and have not twisted since, even in the rain this morning they are rock solid!

Hairspray sorts this out. Try use extra hold hairspray and be liberal with it.

Just rode EPIC with Wolftooth Fat Paws... worked well for me and the hands felt like in heaven :)

(no twisting neither)

I had the same problem, trying to buy Much Luv for the last 10 months - they never have stock, actually don't see the point of them having them on their website.

I don't see the point of them having a website at all. They never respond. Luv Handles lost out and ESI sold another set. I'm not going to beg a company to sell their product if they don't even respond to mails.

Hey gents, 

Thanks for all the comments and feedback. 

With regards to the grip twist, what are you guys using on installation? As with any silicone grip they will twist if you don't use a lubricant that dries easily. We have found that hairspray or cleaning spirits usually does the trick. From our side, we will make that the inside diameter is consistent and has a tighter fit. 

Regarding the thicker grips, we are really sorry about the delay. We have had a couple of issues with the mould but all is sorted now and we should have them back in stock shortly. We will keep you guys posted on progress.  

Thanks for supporting local guys! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to bettering your LUVHANDLES experience. 

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions. charl@luvhandles.co.za 

Cheers 

Charl 

Luvhandles

I don't see the point of them having a website at all. They never respond. Luv Handles lost out and ESI sold another set. I'm not going to beg a company to sell their product if they don't even respond to mails.

Hi Titleist, 

I am really sorry that you did not get a response from us via e-mail. I can guarantee you that we make a point of it to respond to all enquiries we receive via our website. 

Please, can you resend your e-mail to charl@luvhandles.co.za and I will gladly respond. 

Cheers

Charl 

I'm in the same boat. I would support them - SA company with a great product at a good price - but I prefer the muchluv/Chunky size and they never have stock. 

Have you ever tried making contact with them and asking when stock will be available?

Yes, I did via e-mail and no reply. Twice. Thats why I asked if the company is still doing business.

Hi Hubbers, thanks for the feedback and apologies for the prolonged delay with some of our stock. Our factory had an issue with the "MuchLuv" silicone mold which have set production back a couple of months.

We are waiting for them to get the new molds from their engineering partners. Hopefully we have an update soonest..

All the Hubbers that have been waiting patiently can expect a added surprise with their orders of the Muchluv(32mm installed) grips when we get stock! 

We will keep you updated!!

Thanks you for the continued support! We still have stock of all colors in the Moreluv(30mm installed) grips

I used ESI normal ones awesome. Then bought Luv which were cheap and delivery was fast. But they are a bit thinner it seems than ESI and can maybe twist a bit. I wanted the black Much Luv and they never have stock for months now. A few emails to them asking when stock is coming have been ignored. Will never buy from them again- mainly due to their lack of response which I see as a bad attitude and I don't wish to support that. Back to ESI from now on.....they are worth the money.

I used ESI normal ones awesome. Then bought Luv which were cheap and delivery was fast. But they are a bit thinner it seems than ESI and can maybe twist a bit. I wanted the black Much Luv and they never have stock for months now. A few emails to them asking when stock is coming have been ignored. Will never buy from them again- mainly due to their lack of response which I see as a bad attitude and I don't wish to support that. Back to ESI from now on.....they are worth the money.

Hi Scubes,

Really sorry that you feel that way. We are looking into what the issue was your e-mails not receiving a response, there must have been a technical issue.

I can guarantee you that we NEVER just ignore emails and even more importantly I can say we DONT have a bad attitude. 

I hope we will be able to restore your negative experience in dealing with us going forward. 

Please give me a shout on charl@luvhandles.co.za as I would luv to connect and hear how we can better your experience with us.

Cheers

Charl 

Hi

I'll email you sure.

Hi Scubes,

Really sorry that you feel that way. We are looking into what the issue was your e-mails not receiving a response, there must have been a technical issue.

I can guarantee you that we NEVER just ignore emails and even more importantly I can say we DONT have a bad attitude. 

I hope we will be able to restore your negative experience in dealing with us going forward. 

Please give me a shout on charl@luvhandles.co.za as I would luv to connect and hear how we can better your experience with us.

Cheers

Charl 

Edited by scubes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hubbers, thanks for the feedback and apologies for the prolonged delay with some of our stock. Our factory had an issue with the "MuchLuv" silicone mold which have set production back a couple of months.

We are waiting for them to get the new molds from their engineering partners. Hopefully we have an update soonest..

All the Hubbers that have been waiting patiently can expect a added surprise with their orders of the Muchluv(32mm installed) grips when we get stock! 

We will keep you updated!!

Thanks you for the continued support! We still have stock of all colors in the Moreluv(30mm installed) grips

I could unfortunately not wait any longer - kind of destroyed my current Muchluv grips during a altercation with a thorn bush... :blush:

As I was ordering parts from CWC anyway I reluctantly added Extra Chunky Esi grips at 3x the price.

Maybe next time...

I had Luvhandles on my Merida, then when I got my Pyga I bought a set of ESI's just because I needed a different colour and happened to be browsing through a shop. 

I don't really feel any difference between the Luv's and ESI's. Only difference maybe is the ESI plugs are harder, whereas the Luv plugs were quite soft and all 4 mine broke/tore very soon after putting them on.

So, for the price, I'd definitely get Luv's again..

Edited by leeubok

• 1 month later...

Placed an order on luvhandles Website... didn't get order confirmation after 2 days. Then I mailed them and thanks to Charl I get my Luvvies the next day. Excellent service beside the starting glitch. You have my support... Local is Lekker????