Ruby vs ESI grips vs Luvhandles?

Andrek

i must mention i have no affiliation with LuvHandles whatsoever, and i was very critical of them in the initial hub review...

if they consistent with their pricing, they have my vote every time

Did you order in the end? Test results?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you order in the end? Test results?

been using now for commuting, on a rigid fork, and love uhm.

also running on my trail "type" bike rode without gloves, and love uhm even more...

As for test results, the fit in the hand is perfect, not to thick or too thin for the "average" sized hand, works with or without gloves. softer than the normal grips we are used to. no issues when hand getting sweaty and using no gloves, also seems easy enough to clean. does not throttle like most of its competitors, currently own 2 sets, going to be ordering quite a few in the near future...

Again, the absolute winner for me is the pricing, its like a no brainer

for more on them

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/157833-first-look-friday-lapierre-xr-729-luvhandles-grips-and-thule-velocompact/

The telling part in the long term will be pricing. If it stays similar to what it currently is then these will be winners for a very long time to come.

Ryder also has a silicone grip, i remember first buying them at like R140 or something, though they just were not as good at the time compared to ESi's..

checked the pricing on the Ryder's now the other day, they around R280-300

It's not as thick(chunky) as the extra chunky, however slightly thicker than the chunky, what i found where ESi has a thick and thin side (the manual tells you how to fit)

Unlike that, the LuvHandles is round all round... My rigid is not that harsh anymore... [emoji12]

That thick and thin side of ESI chunky is really like .001 mm diffs. I can't even see on mine which is which after having ridden them for a year.

Good to hear, was looking for something a bit more chunky, but not the Extra chunky size

Ryder also has a silicone grip, i remember first buying them at like R140 or something, though they just were not as good at the time compared to ESi's..

checked the pricing on the Ryder's now the other day, they around R280-300

Its crazy how those things go up, that kind of increase cant be blamed on inflation or R/$

Versus socks have been playing it smart with only a small increase based on exchange so they will continue to grow. I really hope that luvhandles wont go up by silly prices, I way prefer supporting local.

I did a fairly well known stage race recently, fitted luvhandles the night before day 1 and had no issues with grip (in very sweaty conditions) and no aches or pains in my hands. The previous time i did this race, we had the ESI's and cannot say the same - my partner's hands were numb for more than a week afterwards

Unless they disappear from the planet, I will never use another brand - luv the handles!!

#getagrip

Which ones Ricky G?

Got some Blue Luvhandles. Great price and basically identical to the Regular ESI's.

Will post again as soon as I have had a chance to ride with them

Cant wait to get my hands on these :w00t:

4 sets ordered. 2 for me & 2 for a mate.

Order placed at 12h00...tracking number received at 12h17!

Awesome service guys keep it up!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Tried to add a the "BikeHub" coupon but it rejects it.... #Justhinting

haha!

R1 off R120 would still be a bargain, if you ask me