Omnico/fox is that the best you got?

Pikey

BTW, if you have M1-213 hubs on any of your Easton wheels and want to replace the bearings, just go to your nearest bearing shop and get 6803-2RS bearings.  Don't buy it from Omnico.  Just the garden variety bearings used in the hub.  Don't let them tell you it is special bearings made only for Easton.

BTW, they are about R12.50 each, depending where you buy.

https://www.bearingsonline.co.za/2rs-deep-groove-ball-bearings/2177-6803-2rs-ball-bearing-17-x-26-x-5.html

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's a serial upgraderer...

lol exactly,that's what I tell my wife . Am only upgrading gradually,honest.

BTW, if you have M1-213 hubs on any of your Easton wheels and want to replace the bearings, just go to your nearest bearing shop and get 6803-2RS bearings. Don't buy it from Omnico. Just the garden variety bearings used in the hub. Don't let them tell you it is special bearings made only for Easton.

My Easton's have the x4 hub I believe . Is there an upgrade for these? Or are the bearing issues sorted on these hubs.

My Easton's have the x4 hub I believe . Is there an upgrade for these? Or are the bearing issues sorted on these hubs.

Not sure, but I am certain Google will dig up an answer for you somewhere.

Not sure, but I am certain Google will dig up an answer for you somewhere.

will check it out,what is the M1 213 hub. Does it get classified as M1 ?

First of all, yeah I like dahgs, I like caravans more.

Right now on to it, get yourself signed up on twitter and search for fox. All of those companies have a social media manager and they know who to talk to high up to get things sorted.

Facebook is less effective as comments can easily be hidden etc.

Use the contact page on the fox website too, it will eventually get passed on to the right person. 

When you tweet about it include @omnico_sa in the tweet so they can see what you are doing and maybe they will try to do something.

distributorsales@ridefox.com is probably your best bet to mail a complaint through.

Trust me though, social media works. When I have major issues with a company not responding I get on social media and bleat at them, something normally happens pretty quickly.

You got me at the box......

Terrible.

I have not had anything but good service from Omnico in the past, but if they sent my fork back in that box, they would have been on my bad side (never mind the fork problems, eish!)

If you aren't happy, don't let it go.

Shame man, hope you get things sorted. Try getting in contact with Fox world headquarters and speak to their technical department. They should be able to sort it out for you.

I am currently on a fox fork after 2 rock shox and a Suntour. This is by far the worst fork I have owned and also by far the better specked one. My next one will definitely be a Rock Shox

Right now on to it, get yourself signed up on twitter and search for fox. All of those companies have a social media manager and they know who to talk to high up to get things sorted.

Use the contact page on the fox website too, it will eventually get passed on to the right person. 

When you tweet about it include @omnico_sa in the tweet so they can see what you are doing and maybe they will try to do something.

distributorsales@ridefox.com is probably your best bet to mail a complaint through.

Trust me though, social media works. When I have major issues with a company not responding I get on social media and bleat at them, something normally happens pretty quickly.

So it turns out it wasnt just me battling to find fox on twitter, they dont actually have an account. so looks like instagram and facebook will be your only bets there.

My Suggestion to the OP: Put the fork in the downgraded box, and send it to Fox HQ, wherever that is. Attn the CEO, with a brief explanation, and a timeline.

I have done this twice, after a much shorter run around than you have received, and got the desired, reasonable results I was expecting.

Did it with a Metz Flashlight, that took 6 photos & died - shipped it to HQ Germany; as well as the first generation Epic from Specialized - where I was sold the wrong size frame, as that happened to be the only size the local agent had at the time, and foreseeable future...

Send it back!

NB - don't think you will get far re consumer protection. You paid for a fork, you got a fork. Hard to prove "what it should do for you" or "compared to ...., its K@k" will be difficult to prove.

lmfao..is the caravan fer ya maa?

It's seems as though social media is the way to go. Gonna have to have a quick crash course on how & where. Will use all the websites and what ever else I can gathered here . And send a letter accordingly .????????????

I don't even have Facebook ????

You got me at the box......

Terrible.

I have not had anything but good service from Omnico in the past, but if they sent my fork back in that box, they would have been on my bad side (never mind the fork problems, eish!)

If you aren't happy, don't let it go.

so glad someone shares my what a box theory. Seriously

Shame man, hope you get things sorted. Try getting in contact with Fox world headquarters and speak to their technical department. They should be able to sort it out for you.

I am currently on a fox fork after 2 rock shox and a Suntour. This is by far the worst fork I have owned and also by far the better specked one. My next one will definitely be a Rock Shox

amazing how we buy into the reviews and think we are upgrading.

Mrp for the win in my books. And to think I nearly bought the loop sl,I think I am a box ????

HIT Social Media.

plan on it,going to have to get the missus involved . She has a way better idea than me. In fact i think my daughters are possibly a better option. Even my 8 yr old.

What a high tech guru I am ????....

Archived