button

water bottle and the usual soap cream vitamin samples

No diarrhea pills.........

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like its going to be a hell of a day out. Pretty much traffic wherever you look.

Bet you there will be some cars nicked at the start/finish area....

I received an email saying that we should bring lights, and not wear shoes with cleats. 

How seriously do you guys think these instructions will be enforced? If a podium contender rocks up with tekkies and a light he might be upset if organisers let others ride with cleats and no light. 

I rode without a light and with cleats two years ago and I survived. 

I entered single speed category with the aim to race it. But they have given me a start time of 8:20. I envisage bottlenecks and a generally unpleasant race, so I'm going to change to sub-vet category. 

These little things contribute to the reason JUMA has struggled to get entries. And more serious things, such as marshals fast asleep as the lead bunch came past two years' ago. Apparently they were dropped off at their posts around midnight so it's no surprise they succumbed to sleep. 

Edited by Jules

Jules, I think the mail was not aimed at riders like yourself.

Nice gesture to have a SS cat with lekker prize money, but like you say 8:20 start is just not cricket.

What tyre pressure is recommended?

Taking into consideration the concrete culverts lined with moss, sludge etc. and the slippery scaffolding plates.

Could be interesting

Totally agree. You cannot expect to race SS from 8:20. I was hoping they would let the SS guys off earlier. Would have made sense as the faster SS guys can stay with the geared guys. Does anybody know if the SS prize for first HAS to come from the SS group? If yes then we all face the same congestion. But then we be labelled ar$@holes for pushing by the slower riders.

I will query that tomorrow at registration.

What tyre pressure is recommended?

Taking into consideration the concrete culverts lined with moss, sludge etc. and the slippery scaffolding plates.

Could be interesting

I'm going to err on the softer side of things.

Totally agree. You cannot expect to race SS from 8:20. I was hoping they would let the SS guys off earlier. Would have made sense as the faster SS guys can stay with the geared guys. Does anybody know if the SS prize for first HAS to come from the SS group? If yes then we all face the same congestion. But then we be labelled ar$@holes for pushing by the slower riders.

I will query that tomorrow at registration.

So, if I change my entry to SS, I will start earlier than the 9am X batch?

Edited by RocknRolla

I emailed jumpertrax, will pop past tomorrow to sort this little snafu out.

But hopefully they can do it via email.

40 mins earlier will be better than the 9am slog

The latest email today said bennigers are encouraged to ride with out cleats. There's nothing hectic in the race if it hasn't changed much from the 1st one. Only dodge part was the wet scaffolding. Especially after riding through the water,but everybody walked it anyway . So what's points of flats for the sake of walking a few meters?

Really don't remember it being hectic. It's a cool and different ride.

The worst part was the tunnel,pitch black and had little steps in it to drop of. They had lights but were pathetic and didn't light up anyting. All you could do was try was the persons shadow in front of you. Take a light and everything is sorted.

Only dodge part was the wet scaffolding.

The wet scaffolding was only dodge because people tried to walk up in stead of riding. Rubber knobblies has plenty grip on the scaffolding walkway surface (small holes). - IMO

Guest notmyname

Can't believe nobody's posted the picture of that lady about to go OTB ramping that purple ramp. ????

They suggesting you get into your start shoot 1 hour before the start. So my start is 07h15 and I need to be standing in the dark freezing in riding kit from 06h15. Is that quite necessary? Are they going to close the shoot so you can't get in your batch? I ride early mornings during the week and it 6am let's say it's more than "fresh" at the moment.