Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

No worries!

Also remember, the second prize is not determined by the second most votes, tools4wood will decide which one they like most for the second prize.

So everyone should enter, maybe they like yours the best!

1. The competition runs from 1st of February to the 28th of February 2019. One winner will be decided by the number of reactions (ie likes, smiley faces, etc) on the Facebook Post. Comments and Shares are not counted. If you are not happy with this judging criteria please do not enter. The second winner will be decided by Tools4Wood on the basis of the one we like the most.

I did notice that about the second winner. None of the other projects that have been entered come close to yours so even if the liking part doesnt happen then their judges should choose yours.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

I have some business for any carpenters that are interested...

I need a wooden mock-up of a radiator to be manufactured to allow our company to verify fitment before the final radiator arrives. The mock-up can be made from thin ply wood and should match the overall dimensions of the actual radiator exactly, including the ports and extremities of the fan's cowling.

The delivery should be by 25th February.

Anyone interested can PM me their details for further information. (We are based in Alberton)

RADIATOR MOCK-UP DRAWING - Shee.pdf

post-37005-0-36302800-1549524661_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Cabinet I delivered on Friday - had a bit of a struggle with the soft-close slides but the I had an 'A-Ha' moment and figured the little buggers out. Took a few good slaps to the handlanger to explain to him about the third part of the slide on the inside where the bearings run/move and that they need to be properly aligned otherwise the slides just don't work (and spill little balls everywhere)

post-29544-0-99003800-1550484437_thumb.jpeg

Noice......

I have the normal marking gauge, its awesome. 

That was a pretty funny april fools video they release though :D

not so much switches off as the proverbial spanner is exploded into the blade to stop it tout de suite.

Yeah I'm not sure how you would implement the circular saw mechanism into a table saw, but at least your circular saw doesn't get destroyed in the process.

Yeah I'm not sure how you would implement the circular saw mechanism into a table saw, but at least your circular saw doesn't get destroyed in the process.

the thing with the table saw is that the sawstop is designed to prevent sawing into the flesh, not kickback. Theoretically the kickback saver maaaay work, but on a table it's the workpiece that gets thrown, not the saw. Maybe the magnetic brake can be used instead of the plastic stop, if it's strong enough?