Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

First coat...my wife said she wouldnt pay more than R1000 for the table [emoji57]a3cd6d5f43b388ce1ef43796a278e26a.jpg

very nice work !

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok- so I have 5 boards.

2m x 360mm x 40mm

I'm open to a 'Fair' offer

What would the Hub woodworkers say is a fair price for a hubber? 

No idea but that wood would be much better utilized in the manufacture of guitars.

This guy might be interested.He used to be in Scarborough but has now moved

http://maingardguitars.com/

Edited by Kranswurm

Hmm that looks more like Rhodesian Teak than Rosewood though ... no matter, they cost the same from lumber yards.

Let's see, 10m long X 360mm wide X 40mm thick, would be .. uhm ... maths ... uhm 0.144 cubic metres, so roughly R2500 (From Silverton Timber Merchants latest list)

I'd say a fair offer would be somewhere around R2000, judging by the checks and chips (from planing too much at a time, presumably)

I'm out though, I'd rather look at something longer. Will send your pics through to some mates to contact you though.

Hmm that looks more like Rhodesian Teak than Rosewood though ... no matter, they cost the same from lumber yards.

Let's see, 10m long X 360mm wide X 40mm thick, would be .. uhm ... maths ... uhm 0.144 cubic metres, so roughly R2500 (From Silverton Timber Merchants latest list)

I'd say a fair offer would be somewhere around R2000, judging by the checks and chips (from planing too much at a time, presumably)

I'm out though, I'd rather look at something longer. Will send your pics through to some mates to contact you though.

Thanks Pants Boy!

I got them through my brother-in-law and he said they were Rosewood.

My wife actually asked me yesterday about the Teak planks and I was dumb enough to correct her  - Let's hope she doesn't see your post!!!! :whistling:  :whistling:

Ok - So the Hub price is R1750.00...

Thanks Pants Boy!

I got them through my brother-in-law and he said they were Rosewood.

My wife actually asked me yesterday about the Teak planks and I was dumb enough to correct her - Let's hope she doesn't see your post!!!! :whistling: :whistling:

Ok - So the Hub price is R1750.00...

Where are you based?

Yeah looks like R/Teak. Not seen rose with pale sapwood pieces before.

Nice wide boards. Are you sure they are 360 mm wide?

Edited by Plentipotential

Yeah looks like R/Teak. Not seen rose with pale sapwood pieces before.

Nice wide boards. Are you sure they are 360 mm wide?

yip - measured them with a tape measure yesterday.