so what events have you got lined up for the rest of the year.  what are you currently training for?

I see bela bela is sold out!

Not much on the tri race scene for the rest of the year, just Bella Bella and Midlands Ultra and maybe if Trinity Sports get their act together and organise some events.  There is no Ekurhuleni (Germiston) 5150 by the looks of it this year, although there seems to be one organised for 2017.

So will be a lot of individual events to keep fitness and improve, Will be doing a lot of 21km and 30km running races as well as most of the cycling races in the lead up to the 94.7.

If I feel like a weekend away, may consider the Tinman is Durbs on 23 October.2016

Otherwise just the usual training in between racing :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much on the tri race scene for the rest of the year, just Bella Bella and Midlands Ultra and maybe if Trinity Sports get their act together and organise some events.  There is no Ekurhuleni (Germiston) 5150 by the looks of it this year, although there seems to be one organised for 2017.

So will be a lot of individual events to keep fitness and improve, Will be doing a lot of 21km and 30km running races as well as most of the cycling races in the lead up to the 94.7.

If I feel like a weekend away, may consider the Tinman is Durbs on 23 October.2016

Cape Ultra is on 25th September. Should be a good one if we get some rain and the Dam fills up!

Cape Ultra is on 25th September. Should be a good one if we get some rain and the Dam fills up!

Problem with this one is that the Cape could very well have a big frontal system move across in September still with possible snow on mountains making this potentially very cold?

11Global race at Sun City on 15/16 October,do the sprint on Saturday or the Olympic distance on Sunday, or both if you are up for it!

I hope there is an ekhurhuleni 5150 this year. Enjoy that event

Entered my first triathlon in January 2017. It is the Xterra Buffelspoort Lite which is: -

Swim: 400m;

MTB: 19km;

Run: 6km

Any advise re training for this noob please?

I have done duathlons but that was: -

2.5km run

15km MTB;

1.25 run

Thanks

Here you go http://www.fittrack.co.za/TrainingPlan/Totalsports%20Xterra%20Offroad%20Triathlon%20Plans.aspx

Great event will be going for the full this year did the light last year.

Here you go http://www.fittrack.co.za/TrainingPlan/Totalsports%20Xterra%20Offroad%20Triathlon%20Plans.aspx

Great event will be going for the full this year did the light last year.

train your ass off LOL.... you have plenty of time, best i did was get hold of the total immersion swimming training dvd, and got the right gear from the start(correct shoes etc). then work out a training program (spinning classes, running around your neighborhood) progress slowly and build a solid base.

I stupidily missed the Bela Bela Ironman entries as they sold out quicker then i thought they would... so will be doing Rockman and then join Peds in the Xterra Buffelspoort tri but will do the full.

The elevation for the cycling and the run is a bit heavy though, so training will have to increase a lot...

Cycle distance : 26 km elevation: 600 m

Run distance : 12 km elevation: 313 m

:eek:  :unsure:

I stupidily missed the Bela Bela Ironman entries as they sold out quicker then i thought they would... so will be doing Rockman and then join Peds in the Xterra Buffelspoort tri but will do the full.

The elevation for the cycling and the run is a bit heavy though, so training will have to increase a lot...

Cycle distance : 26 km elevation: 600 m

Run distance : 12 km elevation: 313 m

:eek:  :unsure:

My advice to you is don't underestimate that cycle, I did it last year as part of a relay team the day before the light and was really harsh. Then you still have the run which in itself is not easy at all.

Did the rockman last year, was my first tri. The run was a 5 k run with 120 m elevation. I nearly died that day.

Due to this I won't underestimate a run again.

yup have looked at that, but dam tri are expensive even with Sars extra money

Been mentioned a few times... cycling is cheap in comparison  :whistling:

for the bela bela Tri, they have a training day on the 7th of august. so we can train the course.. im def gonna go ;)

sommer gonna stay sat and sunday night.

who else is going to take advantage of this?

for the bela bela Tri, they have a training day on the 7th of august. so we can train the course.. im def gonna go ;)

sommer gonna stay sat and sunday night.

who else is going to take advantage of this?

Sounds like a good idea. Please share the link with the relevant info.