Critérium du Dauphiné 2016

tombeej

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ag shem. I for one like the idea of seeing Clenbutador, Porte, Froome etc going head to head like that.

By the responses so did everyone else [emoji23] [emoji23]

Totally agree with Dumoulin's response....why the hell not!

Yip. Okay I kinda forgot about the cycling so only caught the highlights but what I saw.. awesome.. have recorded the rescheduled broadcast so will watch it this afternoon. ..

We could argue that a flat prologue actually serves no purpose.

Not true! It's the sole opportunity for Tony Martin to add anything to his palmares

Yip. Okay I kinda forgot about the cycling so only caught the highlights but what I saw.. awesome.. have recorded the rescheduled broadcast so will watch it this afternoon. ..

Imagine a 4km flat prologue....yawn!

Not true! It's the sole opportunity for Tony Martin to add anything to his palmares

Lol

I will disagree with you I have seen him win some incredible stages at the TDF that weren't ITT'S

Still think the one particular one in I think 2014 was one of the best wins I have seen. And of course last year on the cobbled stage.

I wonder why he is being a drama queen.. you don't often see that from him... all I can think is that it is the pressure that is mounting on him.

Having the GC guys duke it out for the prologue win (and therefore the yellow jersey) is great for the fans.

But I'd be interested to hear from the managers & riders in these teams. My guess is that they're not super excited about getting the yellow jersey so early - their poor domestiques have to defend from day 1. They normally like to leave the hard work for later in the race and let other teams defend the jersey in the opening stages. 

Not as much of an issue in an 8-stage race like the Dauphine. But could be tough in a grand tour. 

Having the GC guys duke it out for the prologue win (and therefore the yellow jersey) is great for the fans.

But I'd be interested to hear from the managers & riders in these teams. My guess is that they're not super excited about getting the yellow jersey so early - their poor domestiques have to defend from day 1. They normally like to leave the hard work for later in the race and let other teams defend the jersey in the opening stages.

Not as much of an issue in an 8-stage race like the Dauphine. But could be tough in a grand tour.

You won't see a prologue like this in a GT. . But for a 8 day race. . It's awesome for the spectators.

The drama that will unfold now. . It forces the GC to gun it from the first day.. and that makes for exciting racing ..

And I approve of that.

BUT as with all the events leading up to the TDF they use it to test their form and see where they are at and where their competitors are at.

I think it was degenkolb said it would be faster walking the prologue ha ha ha.

You won't see a prologue like this in a GT. . But for a 8 day race. . It's awesome for the spectators.

The drama that will unfold now. . It forces the GC to gun it from the first day.. and that makes for exciting racing ..

And I approve of that.

BUT as with all the events leading up to the TDF they use it to test their form and see where they are at and where their competitors are at.

I think it was degenkolb said it would be faster walking the prologue ha ha ha.

Would have been faster for me to walk....that 17% section looked even steeper!!

Archived