Hard Tail and Soft Tail?

flatwheel

that's cos, quite simply, your 'dale was shaite!

:P

Agreed. Spent ALL my savings on that thing and HAD to ride it for years as I had no money to left to chuck at the problem. Should've bought a Jeckel. Those days' options were limited though.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this, then? (My brother's homebuilt frame with a USE SUB fork on which he did about 6000km. Frame idea came from Slingshot bikes. He replaced the down-tube  with a cable and spring set-up and put a flex point in the top-tube. Used a Schwinn Moab frame as basis and reinforced everything with carbon fibre. The "Stealth Mutant" handled better than my 2004 Scalpel soft-tail.)

It certainly looks like a recipe for disaster! hehe

So would the new BMC teamelite01 (their premium hardtail) actually be a softtail then?

It certainly looks like a recipe for disaster! hehe

What I've learnt is never to underestimate the ingenuity of my little brother...he got our fattest buddy to ride it first! After that, the inspections got fewer and farther apart. After 5 yrs of hard riding, frame got retired when it started showing fatigue.

so I asked the same thing...

do i get multiple bikes and pick & choose between different rides, often ending up on a bike and hoping I had used another?  or do I throw all my effort and cash into one bike that's a "does it all"?

It's not in everyone's budget to get a "does it all" bike, because that to me means its got to be a trail bike, light enough for marathon and XC purposes.  This automatically places it in the >R50k mark.

what would I ride if i couldn't buy this bike?  maybe a much cheaper full sus marathon bike for most riding and a buy a second hand or cheaper cotic / on-one hard tail for trails & tricks

Only ever had one dual sus, and that was in 2010. I had my best rides on it. It was fast, easy on the body, and just fun to ride. I found I went faster down hill on the dual sus than on a hard tail, but of course, went faster up hill on a HT than on a DS.

That being said, I'm on my 7th hard tail and really enjoying it.

I love this tail...

http://wowoon.com/anh/2015/14-12/girls-sexy-lingerie-boudoir-beautiful-ass-beauty-women-photo.jpg

I love this tail...

http://wowoon.com/anh/2015/14-12/girls-sexy-lingerie-boudoir-beautiful-ass-beauty-women-photo.jpg

So many comments to be made. Butt then I realize I am a married man... And this is not the platform for it. ????

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

so I asked the same thing...

do i get multiple bikes and pick & choose between different rides, often ending up on a bike and hoping I had used another? or do I throw all my effort and cash into one bike that's a "does it all"?

It's not in everyone's budget to get a "does it all" bike, because that to me means its got to be a trail bike, light enough for marathon and XC purposes. This automatically places it in the >R50k mark.

what would I ride if i couldn't buy this bike? maybe a much cheaper full sus marathon bike for most riding and a buy a second hand or cheaper cotic / on-one hard tail for trails & tricks

Saw a lot of sub 50k dual sus bikes at Sani this year. Lots of giant anthems and the like. My anthem was a 30k ish bike and any issues I have when riding marathon are not related to the speed or weight of my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many comments to be made. Butt then I realize I am a married man... And this is not the platform for it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

All this talk of fruit. Well that is just a peach... 

I love this tail...

giphy.gif

Archived