The new Bike Hub mobile website

joburgnel

I love Bikehub but this new mobile website is a nightmare. I can no longer view classifieds by category, instead I have to browse through all the adds to find what I'm looking for. The menu keeps popping up and cannot close it. Please revert to previous version or fix this version.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, this version is crap...

I can't access the normal desktop site from my mobile either. No home button. Uuhg, it's terrible...

C'mon admin... Why the downgrade...?

Edited by Baaisikilist

Hi guys,

There may be some initial compatibility issues with the mobile site we need to iron out, but I can assure you that once those are resolved it is a major upgrade.

We've added a "View categories" button to the home page and the Classifieds menu.

If you need to go "home" at any stage simply click on the "Bike Hub" icon at the top.

Please let me know if you experience any issues and include what Device, browser & operating system you're using.

Regards,
Matt

I like it...... and the upgrade was seamless

There's still a lot more to come on the mobile site. Initially we've just rolled out some general user interface updates, but have concentrated on better Classifieds support on the mobile site. 

Now you can create ads & manage ads properly from your mobile. Most importantly you can take or upload photos from your mobile phone.

There will be an official announcement detailing all the changes first thing tomorrow.

What's the best way to go from a topic I'm reading back to Active Topics without using the web browser little arrow thingie

Oh I see... What I figured out if it's the best way

Go to the menu lines thingie

Then go to Forums > 'what's new'

Edited by Puncheur

What's the best way to go from a topic I'm reading back to Active Topics without using the web browser little arrow thingie

For the moment the browser back button, but we'll add in a breadcrumb / back link above the topic title asap.

For the moment the browser back button, but we'll add in a breadcrumb / back link above the topic title asap.

Lekka!

Meanwhile, I'm using the Menu > Forums > What's New

Not optimal just yet ????

Edited by Puncheur

Thanks for the swift reply admin (and fellow hubbers) I'll stay positive that the new version will improve but time will tell.

My biggest issue at the moment is the menu that just keeps popping up whenever I select an item ans I have to rotate my phone to make it disappear

Thanks for the swift reply admin (and fellow hubbers) I'll stay positive that the new version will improve but time will tell.

My biggest issue at the moment is the menu that just keeps popping up whenever I select an item ans I have to rotate my phone to make it disappear

Thanks for the feedback.

What phone are you using?

We are working on the menu as it has kicked up some issues with older / less common phones.

iOS and android should have no issues.

Must say.. I'm astounded that people still browse using a mobile site from their phone as opposed to using Tapatalk... Admin... Be interested to see the percentage of Tapatalk vs mobile browser

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk