Tyre pressure gauge

J trailx

• 1 year later...

reviving an old thread ....

Where can one get a DECENT pressure guage that works on Presta valves ?

I do have some decent schrader valve gauges.

speaking to various bike shops I am continually told that the "electronic gauges" were pulled because of too many issues ..... fair enough, but what else is actually available.

The gauges on the foot pumps are all over the show, even a brand new Ryder pump has a faulty gauge ...

reviving an old thread ....

Where can one get a DECENT pressure guage that works on Presta valves ?

I do have some decent schrader valve gauges.

speaking to various bike shops I am continually told that the "electronic gauges" were pulled because of too many issues ..... fair enough, but what else is actually available.

The gauges on the foot pumps are all over the show, even a brand new Ryder pump has a faulty gauge ...

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/sportsmans-warehouse-avfv-valve-adaptor?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0eTwitzu2AIV75PtCh38JgOtEAQYASABEgLm_fD_BwE

Topeak is the ONLY way to go. Have had the Pro and Schwalbe and they're both *** in comparison.

The Pro has a battery that is soldered in and the Schwalbe has a rubber ring that perishes in no time. 

Spend the dosh one (not three times like my idiot self) and get the Topeak.

Topeak is the ONLY way to go. Have had the Pro and Schwalbe and they're both *** in comparison.

The Pro has a battery that is soldered in and the Schwalbe has a rubber ring that perishes in no time. 

Spend the dosh one (not three times like my idiot self) and get the Topeak.

Agreed, it's the best.

http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/06/Topeak-SmartGauge-D2-pressure-gauge.jpg

Edited by Halfdoesyn

Got some sealant in the valve. Now it is a very expensive paperweight :mellow:

Or did you by accident flick from Presta to Shrader with your thumb? Happened to me and took a couple of minutes to figger.

who stocks the Topeak unit ?

been to most of the local stores, and none had stock at the time ....

Most Standalone Pressure Gauges eventually fail because of the sealant in the tyres getting inside them.

I found that having a 12Volt Compressor with a longish hose and a built in pressure gauge overcomes this problem as the gauge is too far away from the valve.

The gauges fitted to these compressors are not the best but they always read the same, once you know the error amount you are OK.