[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

Hi Gerald, I've tried to look on Racetec what was the previous years times but couldn't get any info. I assume it wasn't timed by Racetec before?

Is it possible to give me the winners time and A bunch time for Febs race?

Go to: http://www.championchip.co.za/Latest%20Results.htm

Elites did the 121Km (also Juniors, VA and VB)

Select the distance, and then the batch to get the times for each group.

post-1372-0-97101600-1477577890_thumb.png

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was previously timed by Championchip.

A-bunch times are +- 2h30 -2h35 for the 102-105 km.

Not too sure about the Elites winning times, I think they were held up by a taxi accident or something

Accident scene was cleared 2 mins before they got there - no hold ups.

Elites, Juniors and Vets are doing 125Km this year, a slight increase from the 121 from February.

Hi guys

Is a sub 3 possibble on the 103km route if I completed the Sattelite classic in 3h18? Probably will be starting in the C or D bunch

A lot of C got under 3 hours, while the top 20 from D usually get under 3.

Groups are smaller, so there may be stronger riders in A,B,C,D, and possibly E.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerald, any hope of getting the coal trucks off the road for the duration of the event this time around? I recall you had success with this last year, i think?

Gerald, any hope of getting the coal trucks off the road for the duration of the event this time around? I recall you had success with this last year, i think?

we have an agreement with the transport manager of Eskom, all their contractors won't be running trucks on the day - just the last 2 editions.

It's the other trucks and cars driving at high-speed that are a real threat. Hopefully the Road Rangers are able to do the job and keep them driving through the area at a slower speed.

It's the best we can do, given that road closure is out of the question.

we have an agreement with the transport manager of Eskom, all their contractors won't be running trucks on the day - just the last 2 editions.

It's the other trucks and cars driving at high-speed that are a real threat. Hopefully the Road Rangers are able to do the job and keep them driving through the area at a slower speed.

It's the best we can do, given that road closure is out of the question.

That's great news, kudos! Those coal trucks really scare me.

Hope there wont be any white line crossing heroes, pushing their way back into the bunch, when they realize they have put themselves into mortal danger from oncoming traffic.

That's great news, kudos! Those coal trucks really scare me.

Hope there wont be any white line crossing heroes, pushing their way back into the bunch, when they realize they have put themselves into mortal danger from oncoming traffic.

Yes, this was frikken annoying during Satellite Classic.

Thanks for the previous reply Gerald.

Just for interest sake- how do you calculate the seeding, since the elites ride 125 and seeded bunches 103?

On Febs results the winning time for elites was 2h48 and winning time for 103 looks like 2h21. Winning time for AL was 2h34 and more than half of AL finished in 2h36. What would the seeding index be for an AL rider. If you use the winning time of the 103 route, I assume it must be with a very low Beta then?

I'm in AL for this race and expect to finish with the front bunch of AL (depending on the wind). I'm curios how this would affect my seeding, since my seeding took a hammering after Satellite Classic due to a mechanical and Hekpoort- I'm built for the flat races.

Emperors gave my seeding index a huge boost, but are now accumulating penalties and won't help much with CTCT seeding.

Edited by HBO

Just for interest sake- how do you calculate the seeding, since the elites ride 125 and seeded bunches 103?

On Febs results the winning time for elites was 2h48 and winning time for 103 looks like 2h21. Winning time for AL was 2h34 and more than half of AL finished in 2h36. What would the seeding index be for an AL rider. If you use the winning time of the 103 route, I assume it must be with a very low Beta then?

I'm in AL for this race and expect to finish with the front bunch of AL (depending on the wind). I'm curios how this would affect my seeding, since my seeding took a hammering after Satellite Classic due to a mechanical and Hekpoort- I'm built for the flat races.

Emperors gave my seeding index a huge boost, but are now accumulating penalties and won't help much with CTCT seeding.

Each distance should get their own seeding. So races like this where the licensed groups ride longer is always a good chance for the unlicensed guys to improve their seedings.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

TBH, I don't know. The mystery of the BETA eludes is all.

I don't calculate the seeding index, it's done by Racetec/PPA and is part of the service they provide, which we pay for.

This is the first time we are using Racetec, and it's about 3-4 years since we last used Cycle Events, so the last few races were excluded from the seeding index. I managed to get the results to ASG as a favour for assisting them with the Emperor's route this year. Now it will be easier that we use Racetec as the timing company.

I hope that I can get a better insight into their process next week, when we spend the best part of two days together.

As far as last year (Feb this year) is concerned, the winning tandems must have taken a shortcut somewhere or AL were on a Sunday cruise. Seriously though, AL should be closer to 2:25 - 2:30 in good weather conditions. If the seeding uses an adjusted time due to the Elite distance, then 2:12-2:15 would that adjusted winning time. 2009 was the last time the Elites did the 103km distance.

Expect the 125km to be around 2:55 - 3:00. I'll predict 2:57 (let's see how close I get).

Can't find seeding on racetech. Where do I do find it.

type your name in the results section. Will see it just below the Cycle Challenge start time. Edited by geraldm24