[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

Gerald, quick question (not sure if it has been asked, tried searching). Was the Satellite Classic used for seeding for the race?

You aren't the first to ask - I'll have to ask Cycle Events.

I will confirm once I've received an answer.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Cycle Events:

Regarding seeding, yes we ran seeding last week so any Racetec event up until  22 / 23 October will be included. So Satellite will also be in.

First thing on temperature:  Midvaal was a killer.  Average on Garmin was 32 and maxing out on 39 just before 12:00 when I finished.  With just 2 water points I was severely dehydrated, but managed to survive.   

Second thing:  I am a bit confused with this race.  I seem to be in an imaginary starting group.  RaceTec shows my starting group as LL, but cannot find that group on the starting list.  Hopefully somebody can clarify this.

Third thing:  Not that I am seriously considering it, but would it be possible to downgrade from 103 to 65?

First thing on temperature: Midvaal was a killer. Average on Garmin was 32 and maxing out on 39 just before 12:00 when I finished. With just 2 water points I was severely dehydrated, but managed to survive.

Second thing: I am a bit confused with this race. I seem to be in an imaginary starting group. RaceTec shows my starting group as LL, but cannot find that group on the starting list. Hopefully somebody can clarify this.

Third thing: Not that I am seriously considering it, but would it be possible to downgrade from 103 to 65?

1. There are 4 water points on the 103km route and 2 on the 65km. We are well aware of the temperatures, as we were also out in the heat this weekend.

2. where are you looking at the start list? It goes up to NL.

3. Yes, but why would consider it? Distance, temperature, fitness?

From Cycle Events:

Regarding seeding, yes we ran seeding last week so any Racetec event up until  22 / 23 October will be included. So Satellite will also be in.

Thanks Gerald! Hopefully CL's keen for a good ride :clap:

Semi off topic

The Saturday MTB race,

Start times, location, etc etc.

NO information has been shared / via email with entries.

G

Semi off topic

The Saturday MTB race,

Start times, location, etc etc.

NO information has been shared / via email with entries.

G

Thanks, they must be busy with it.

07:00 - 60km A bunch

07:05 - 60km the rest

07:30 - 30km

08:00 - 12km

08:05 - 6km

Start inside Carnival City.

Monday if the week of the race... don't think "They must be busy with it" works anymore...

Personal view, should have been done, race packs should have been available for collection this past weekend, now we got to figure out time during busy work week to go and collect packs, 

G

Thanks, they must be busy with it.

07:00 - 60km A bunch
07:05 - 60km the rest
07:30 - 30km
08:00 - 12km
08:05 - 6km

Start inside Carnival City.

Monday if the week of the race... don't think "They must be busy with it" works anymore...

Personal view, should have been done, race packs should have been available for collection this past weekend, now we got to figure out time during busy work week to go and collect packs, 

G

Why not pick it up the morning of the race

Participants taking part in both the MTB and Road events can collect race numbers from Carnival City on Saturday morning (05 November) between 06:00 and 07:00, or at any of the venues above.

Thats a "make it my my problem to get a morning, rushed to collect pack" which should have been avaialbe already.

G

Why not pick it up the morning of the race

Participants taking part in both the MTB and Road events can collect race numbers from Carnival City on Saturday morning (05 November) between 06:00 and 07:00, or at any of the venues above.

G

Race packs and numbers can usually only be collected the week of the race.

Every race I've ever done the race packs was at the latest available the weekend before the race.

guessing I"m the only one that thinks making it only available 2-4 days before (week of) the race is leading it late.

G

Race packs and numbers can usually only be collected the week of the race.

Every race I've ever done the race packs was at the latest available the weekend before the race.

guessing I"m the only one that thinks making it only available 2-4 days before (week of) the race is leading it late.

G

Not sure which races you are talking of, collection is generally always on the Thursday or Friday before the race that weekend.

G

I take it you've never done the Cycle Challenge then?

1. There are 4 water points on the 103km route and 2 on the 65km. We are well aware of the temperatures, as we were also out in the heat this weekend.

2. where are you looking at the start list? It goes up to NL.

3. Yes, but why would consider it? Distance, temperature, fitness?

Thank you for the reply.

4 Water points is very much adequate.

I am looking at the start list on the web site and the list you published.  I only see JL, KL, ML and NL.  There is no LL.  My start time on the site is 7:34 which corresponds to ML.

I would possibly consider the downgrade because the Midvaal took a lot out of me and is just concerned that I will not be totally recovered for the 94.7.

Thank you for the reply.

4 Water points is very much adequate.

I am looking at the start list on the web site and the list you published.  I only see JL, KL, ML and NL.  There is no LL.  My start time on the site is 7:34 which corresponds to ML.

I would possibly consider the downgrade because the Midvaal took a lot out of me and is just concerned that I will not be totally recovered for the 94.7.

Thanks - fixed. 

The 7:34 start time is correct for LL.