Liggett & Sherwin

Grogs

... Tour de France comedy.

Whether you love or hate them, they really produce some pearls.

Post your favorites that you hear on this thread.

There was a beaut on yesterday's stage, when Thibault Pinot punctured in the closing kilometers:

Liggett: "That's Pibault Tinot ..."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are great , getting a little tired of Sherwins same comments every year . I am enjoying Matt Keenan and Robbie McEwans commentary more 

I've enjoyed how Phil Liggett has called Jasper Stuyven Peter Styuven for three days straight, presumably confusing him with Peter Stuyvesant. Absolutely useless at his job.

I've enjoyed how Phil Liggett has called Jasper Stuyven Peter Styuven for three days straight, presumably confusing him with Peter Stuyvesant. Absolutely useless at his job.

Hahahahaha , yeah , I think he is getting a little tired now 

The phrase "iemand het 'n bietjie te diep in die bottel gekyk" comes to mind.

They are great , getting a little tired of Sherwins same comments every year . I am enjoying Matt Keenan and Robbie McEwans commentary more 

+1

Really enjoying McEwans insight

Was strange to me how he yesterday talked around Louis, being the only Lampre Merida rider in the group. He mentioned everyone, except Louis, even when the camera was trained on him.

Giro commentary was the best, and as bad as Liggett is, he's better than the chap who did the Dauphine

Liggett getting long in the tooth, same as my Mom calling me my uncles name and my brothers name before she gets to my name sometimes ...

Not listening to Liggett and Sherwin this year. Have opted for Swiss broadcasting and it has been rather pleasant to-date.

"these are the heads of state in the sport of professional cycling"  :whistling:

"He is turning himself inside-out"

Some of Sherwin's repeated phrases year on year

I though commentary was done in january and there's a sound engineer just twiddling the dials now on each stage....

what gets my goat is the chick who does the ASO official highlights packages. ja i know she's french so is a 2 for 1 deal, but is the most bland voice over out. she also does the Dakar.

Matt and Robbie are awesome .

I had a little moan about Phil and Paul last year ....

Can't be easy talking for over 2 hours per day about the same things .

Also , we as avid cyclists understand (mostly) what is going on .

They need to also presume that some of their audience is/are 1st time watchers of Le Tour .

But poor Paul .....

"these are the heads of state in the sport of professional cycling" :whistling:

"He is turning himself inside-out"

Some of Sherwin's repeated phrases year on year

They are free to fly... Out of the commentary box at some point. Robbie Mac for the win.

Archived