Best polish for carbon frame?

triguycpt

I've seen the use of silicone spray on bike frames to assist in cleaning

Never tried it myself

Best to ask the manufacturer, I guess 

how do you polish a matte finish bike ? :wacko: 

There's a product called Nam Sierra 7 bike polish, which is said to clean carbon frames - I just want to know which is the best product to make it looking like new...

dish soap and a big sponge works fine on my matte carbon bike when its clean it looks ......nice and matte black :thumbup:

if I polished it, it would be all shiney but I prefer matte black .... :whistling: 

seriously though at R250 a bottle id really want to know what exactly is so special in that bottle and if I really need it at all .

Mr Min works pretty well. Helps your garage smell better too. Also good for saddle and shoes. I use it on my matte carbon wheels.

Mr Min works pretty well. Helps your garage smell better too. Also good for saddle and shoes. I use it on my matte carbon wheels.

That being said, I've tried the nam bike polish. It appears to pretty much be the same thing.

Mr Min or Pledge furniture polish. Works great on carbon wheels, stops breaking surface from squeaking and reduces wear.

Swissvax for the frame and Namgear Sierra 7 for wheels and everything else. Only downside is the price of Swissvax. 

Mr Min or Pledge furniture polish. Works great on carbon wheels, stops breaking surface from squeaking and reduces wear.

+1

I buy Mr Min for the frame (mine is gloss carbon) or the cheaper Duster Plus furniture spray depending what is cheaper. Works lekker on rims/hubs/tire sidewalls as well. Pretty much anything that isn't drivetrain.

I use Shield Tyre Shine on my bikes. I originally bought it for all the rubber, vinyl and plastic trim on the cars (what it's meant for), tried it on a bike and liked the result. As the name implies, the result is a shine so it's probably not what you're looking for on a matt frame but you can still use it for your wheels, saddle, cockpit, etc.

It's relatively inexpensive; I buy it in a 5 litre can at Makro for about R200 and it does come in a small trigger can.

It's a watery, milky liquid. I simply spray the entire bike well (after washing it of course) and leave it to dry.

Mr Min works!

yip... this dude....

post-6012-0-94073700-1467960451_thumb.jpg

ditto.... 

on all my frames carbon, alu, steel .... 

cleans, shines, helps keep dirt off, making the next wash easier