SA Single Speed Champs 2016

jcmeyerSS

Bwahahahahahaha

These okes who weren't in Winterton in 2012.....hehehehehe......if you have a weak liver, stay home. If you think you're paying for a race entry, stay home. 

I'll be there like a bear. With bells on. And drinking shoes...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the same section of the dormintory as the Mexicans.

I can vouch for your party efforts.

demmit that was a jol....midget playing thunderstruck and drinking zamaleks scuds at the pot belly pig or something was the warmup on the friday....Once the midget started with the opening riff I knew this was going to be a great weekend. Carel wipping flies off cow stront another....crusher moering off his fat bike another.

Rouxtjies top tip....the really good stuff at the waterpoints are under the table(I had a cpt and coke at one)...

kekekeke, if you gauge value ito km then I am afraid this aint the event for you

Tell us more about these "hardcore" SS guys...

asyn suur se ek jou

sour-grapes-19338499.jpg

The price 4 years back was R350, last year also R450 so it stayed the same I think. Hell of party, farms must be rented and shutdown for the weekend for other visitors, route must be managed/marked, medals, beer kegs, draught machines, staff, T-Shirt, photographer crew, party Hall, DJ for some tunage, trophees for winners. I wont miss this one for anything. Its worth every cent based on the past SSC I've been to.

Surely these guys are taking the piss - R450 for a 30km event?..... Doesn't matter how many sideshows there are.

Do you know how many Gauteng riders have singlespeeds in their garages & won't go near this event on principle, because of the price tag? In the last couple of weeks I've heard the same thing from probably half a dozen hardcore SS riders - nobody likes to feel like they're getting ripped off.....

Is this Clown for REAL???

Well done on your first 3 posts.

Would love to know the definition of HARDCORE SS riders.

Sorry Crusher, Amy, Nic, Roggie, Thug you guys clearly don't qualify!

Maybe he means those guys in their full lycra with number boards still on chasing down strava segments on the spruit on a Sunday and terrifying little old ladies walking their poodles.

Oh those guys??? Yeah maybe its better those Singlespeeds stay in the garage next to their cyclocross, fatties, and whatever the other of the latest fads they own.

it'll be alot more fun without having to tell them that you cant refuse the beer stop.

I was in the same section of the dormintory as the Mexicans.

I can vouch for your party efforts.

Ssshhhhh what goes on tour stays on tour. hahahaha

All I have to say to the "Hardcore, singlespeeds in the garage, avoiding the fun guys".... 

aaaahhhhhhh shame!

Well said JC!!! Those hardcore SS'ers must leave there SS in the garage and rather save that R450 for their next fancy bike as the entry fee is "too expensive".

Is this Clown for REAL???

Well done on your first 3 posts.

Would love to know the definition of HARDCORE SS riders.

Sorry Crusher, Amy, Nic, Roggie, Thug you guys clearly don't qualify!

Maybe he means those guys in their full lycra with number boards still on chasing down strava segments on the spruit on a Sunday and terrifying little old ladies walking their poodles.

Oh those guys??? Yeah maybe its better those Singlespeeds stay in the garage next to their cyclocross, fatties, and whatever the other of the latest fads they own.

it'll be alot more fun without having to tell them that you cant refuse the beer stop.

JC I'm afraid I don't follow your logic - how do you go from me mentioning guys I know, who are regular SS riders - by that I mean riding plenty of hours a week, the vast majority on their singlespeeds, or in at least 1 instance, someone who chose to have the only bike he owns as a SS (and none of whom will go anywhere near Strava, by the way) to interpreting that as me saying that the people you mention, or anyone else, isn't "hardcore" enough?

The point I was trying to make is that in my opinion, & that of several people that I respect & consider to be pretty "hardcore" (by which I mean committed) singlespeeders, the event would probably attract a bunch of extra riders, all of whom love riding their singlespeeds & having a few beers, if the price was pitched lower.

For you or anyone who disagrees, & who's happy to pay the entry fee, I really hope you have a blast.....

Carel  .....

I'm (gladly) paying R450 just to see what he gets up to this year....

and to drink beer of course...hardcore'ily

I agree D, working out Rands per km isn't what SS is all about, but maybe neither is putting people off?

Jy sit die pot mis tjom...it's about  the party and partying with like-minded hooligans. The hardcore ss okies are usually the boys and girls you find the next morning passed out next to or on top of a tent...

Entry to the South Africa Single Speed Championships 2016 gets you:

• Entry to the welcome party at Kaia Manzi on Friday night.

• A start at the Main Event...R100 for the race and free beer

• A bunch of sweet, limited edition, collectable merchandise....part of the R100

• Free T-Shirt with pre-entries...part of the R100

• Chow & Beer

• Epic Trails not for the faint hearted...mahala

So what are you waiting for? Tickets are limited so get yours today for only R450 before they're all gone. As the markets get tough we decided to keep the fees same as last year.

Party Animal: Want to be part of the festivities but don't want to ride in the race. Select the "Party Animal" option on the Entry page for R350 and get everything the racers get except the race. <---Soooo, the "race" works out to be R100...cheap as chips...R350 is the party...did I mention the free beer available at the water points...

If the entry puts the cheap skates off, good, then they must rather stay at home, we don't want them to break their bank balance.

JC I'm afraid I don't follow your logic - how do you go from me mentioning guys I know, who are regular SS riders - by that I mean riding plenty of hours a week, the vast majority on their singlespeeds, or in at least 1 instance, someone who chose to have the only bike he owns as a SS (and none of whom will go anywhere near Strava, by the way) to interpreting that as me saying that the people you mention, or anyone else, isn't "hardcore" enough?

The point I was trying to make is that in my opinion, & that of several people that I respect & consider to be pretty "hardcore" (by which I mean committed) singlespeeders, the event would probably attract a bunch of extra riders, all of whom love riding their singlespeeds & having a few beers, if the price was pitched lower.

For you or anyone who disagrees, & who's happy to pay the entry fee, I really hope you have a blast.....

Bud I have a SingleSpeed and only had a Singlespeed, only rode and raced a singlespeed for 4 years doing at least 6000-9000km on it a year and never in those years did I consider myself "hardcore". That is not what it is about.

The reason I Mention those people is because if anyone should be considered "hardcore" it is them. Not because they have achieved ridiculous results on SSer against geared opponents, not because they have ridden multi day events on SSers but because they embody the spirit behind SingleSpeeding. They understand and share the culture behind SInglespeed, they travel the world to be with like minded people at Singlespeed events.

They would jump at the opportunity to spend a weekend with like minded people for the price of a meal for two.

Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion but the for someone to come onto a chat and their first post EVER is to slate an event they clearly do not understand, based on R/km and calling the culture around the event a "side Show" is definitely not the way to endear yourself to 99% of the people that would read this topic. 

Have you ever hosted an event. do you understand the logistics, costs?

It been a while since I've done a Nissan or USN event so not sure what they cost now days. But as previously mentioned look at the Juma race its R399 for a glorified ride on the spruit which is great, nothing wrong with that and they had what over 5000 entries to split the costs between. No-one batted an eyelid.

Now you look at SSC they will be lucky if they get More than 150 entries. That they would have to split the cost of the entire event between so would be around R 67,500.

If you think you can host an event, the afterparty with food and "side-show" for less than that then please talk to my wife cause we paid WAY TOO MUCH for our wedding.

(Even if they lower the price to please people like your mates lets say they get another what 50 people)

So think a little next time before you blurt out in your fist post that you think an event organizer who is trying to cater to a small markets of great people is quote "taking the piss" 

take a deep breath, think about it and then comment.

Just some insight into how my F@#ked up Logic works

Jy sit die pot mis tjom...it's about  the party and partying with like-minded hooligans. The hardcore ss okies are usually the boys and girls you find the next morning passed out next to or on top of a tent...

Entry to the South Africa Single Speed Championships 2016 gets you:

• Entry to the welcome party at Kaia Manzi on Friday night.

• A start at the Main Event...R100 for the race and free beer

• A bunch of sweet, limited edition, collectable merchandise....part of the R100

• Free T-Shirt with pre-entries...part of the R100

• Chow & Beer

• Epic Trails not for the faint hearted...mahala

So what are you waiting for? Tickets are limited so get yours today for only R450 before they're all gone. As the markets get tough we decided to keep the fees same as last year.

Party Animal: Want to be part of the festivities but don't want to ride in the race. Select the "Party Animal" option on the Entry page for R350 and get everything the racers get except the race. <---Soooo, the "race" works out to be R100...cheap as chips...R350 is the party...did I mention the free beer available at the water points...

If the entry puts the cheap skates off, good, then they must rather stay at home, we don't want them to break their bank balance.

Thanx for the "logic" Dennis. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Archived