Mark Cavendish leaves Tour de France

News bot

I am very sure that DD and Cav had a clear understanding about his RIO ambitions when he signed for them.

Also he would've been a big reason together with financial security why they got their world tour licences.. kinda one hand washes the other

I'm not arguing that.... Businesh isch businisch as they say

Imo from a moral perspective it's just wrong to enter an event and not intending to finish because of another event and at the same time claiming glory.

Why don't they then just allow riders and teams to choose which stages they want to enter and then the teams can "morph" each day depending on the stage?

Ridiculous question I know....

that's how it's been done for many years... Must be right

Peace ✌ time to get back to feeding the pension fund

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame not to see him in Paris, but nothing wrong in Cavendish leaving now, it would have been part of his agreement with the team and sponsors and widely anticipated by the media.

I don't see that any Hubber has made an investment in him from which they are short-changed, so no need for huffing and puffing.

The crux of the matter is the timing of the Olympics this year, it is way too close to the TDF. 

Interesting thing that not allot of people recognize.. the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics is being held in the..... Winter....  :whistling:

Brazil is in the southern hemisphere, where Spring only arrives on 1 Sept.... 

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Rookie85

Shame not to see him in Paris, but nothing wrong in Cavendish leaving now, it would have been part of his agreement with the team and sponsors and widely anticipated by the media.

I don't see that any Hubber has made an investment in him from which they are short-changed, so no need for huffing and puffing.

I'll huff n puff and blow this little house down

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PkyXHywfQYw

To start off (and to help you understand a bit better), you need to understand that the Tour de France is a tour of individual races linked together under one larger umbrella event.

In other words, each individual stage is recognised as a separate race in its own right, with its own victor who can then claim a 'World Tour race victory', its own UCI world tour points, etc.

Getting upset about Cav leaving the TDF 'early' is like getting upset with a mtber for not entering all events in the MTN national mtb series. Or getting upset with Federer for not competing in every single event on the world tennis tour, etc.

So imagine you hear someone say that Nino Schurter should have his World Cup XCO series wins taken away from him because he didn't enter the final 5 races in the series calendar, and therefore also lose his UCI points in the process, thereby dropping is world ranking (like some fool said earlier in this thread about Cav).

Would that not sound completely laughable to you?

This is exactly the same thing.

In what world are you living - LOL (Probably also chasing Pokémons)

One of the reasons he left Etixx was because he wanted the flexibility of doing track racing. He's a hypocrite though. He bollocked a BBC reporter after the Olympic road race for asking if the TdF affected his result. Cav spat his dummy out saying of course not do you BBC journalists know anything about cycling!!! So why pull out of the TdF?

One of the reasons he left Etixx was because he wanted the flexibility of doing track racing. He's a hypocrite though. He bollocked a BBC reporter after the Olympic road race for asking if the TdF affected his result. Cav spat his dummy out saying of course not do you BBC journalists know anything about cycling!!! So why pull out of the TdF?

apples and oranges.

One of the reasons he left Etixx was because he wanted the flexibility of doing track racing. He's a hypocrite though.  one of the greatest talents the cycling world has ever seen....................................................

There, fixed.

:whistling: