Are 28t NW rings posible?

BaGearA

I know there probably are for directmount cranks like sram/hope/raceface

But I have got a common "soos parkie gras" 104bcd crank 

So obviously It would have to have some built in off-set like the rapide rings(currently using) but I would really like a 28t Chainring I am no speed demon on the flats nor do I have the desire to be , but I would like my climbing to be as comfortable or as slow as I like it.

Anyone else want one ?

Anyone else know of a company that can/will make in the future?

Thoughts?

*I know its Friday 

No, not for 104BCD, only for the Sram direct mount cranks, down to 26T.

On my 104 32T oval (the thin parts are about the same size as a 30T) the bolts are right next to the chain - it wouldn't be physically possible to make the chain ring any smaller than a 30T.

You going to spin on the flats even if you find something that small... and am sure you could walk up hills faster than what you would be spinning up them too!!!

If you have issues climbing then stay 2x or 3x

Would have liked a 28t myself when i went from triple to single. Two rides in with the 30t seems OK so far. Will see how this goes at Burger 42 on Sunday though.

28T is the small ring on a 2X setup, I'd say if you're trying to get down there then you need to buy yourself a FD and left hand shifter.

But don't worry, they're cheap from lots of guys who changes to 1x10 setups :)

And if you only have a 1X crank, I'm sure the seller of the shifter and FD would be happy to swap his 2X crank for your 1X!

I know there probably are for directmount cranks like sram/hope/raceface

But I have got a common "soos parkie gras" 104bcd crank 

So obviously It would have to have some built in off-set like the rapide rings(currently using) but I would really like a 28t Chainring I am no speed demon on the flats nor do I have the desire to be , but I would like my climbing to be as comfortable or as slow as I like it.

Anyone else want one ?

Anyone else know of a company that can/will make in the future?

Thoughts?

*I know its Friday 

Isn't it just easier to get a wide-range cassette? Then you get best of both worlds. Top speed and low gear. 

Not quite 3x. But that's not the point.

I don't have a problem right now , and also using oval 

I would just like 28t but does not look like thats going to happen

I spin out at about 46km/h right now 

You're no speed demon on the flats, but spin out at almost 50km/h?!

Just get a wide range at the back and something respectable (32t-36t) at the front.

Or, as others mentioned, just go back to 2X if you feel that you need such a small front ring.

Evobikes have the 28t Absolute Black NW rings in oval and round.

Thanks !!!!!! Exactly what I was looking for

.....I have a normal Xt der. If you run normal ders. with those wide range cassettes you fu#kup the spring mech and thats why I want to change the chainring instead of cassette, The 1x11 ders. are built to do that i.e. they move more side to side than up and down

Thanks !!!!!! Exactly what I was looking for

.....I have a normal Xt der. If you run normal ders. with those wide range cassettes you fu#kup the spring mech and thats why I want to change the chainring instead of cassette, The 1x11 ders. are built to do that i.e. they move more side to side than up and down

Yes they are available in 26T and 28T but in 64BCD as 104 is too big to accommodate the teeth.

In other words they fit the inside diameter of any 104/64 BCD Cranksets such as Shimano XT...

Yes they are available in 26T and 28T but in 64BCD as 104 is too big to accommodate the teeth.

In other words they fit the inside diameter of any 104/64 BCD Cranksets such as Shimano XT...

Oh I didn't see that but I guess it makes sense.

yep sounded a bit fishy but absolute black confirmed ....but have and idea to work around it

Archived