A vertical shock is better...

Serious Panda

Edit: I hear what you say about your water bottles preference, but surely you can mount another bottle behind the ass?

Im guessing that you're a dirt roadie aren't you?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now we're descending into the mundane, and when all else fails out comes the ad hominem attack. Classy.

We've been through this. A vertical shock orientation in and of itself is not a better design. Neither is a solid rear triangle. Suspension design is an exercise in compromise. Tiny changes in shock mounting position relative to pivot points, bearing size, pivot placement, leverage ratios, shock choice & tune, chainstay length, BB height, reach length and many, many other factors combined contribute to the overall performance of a bicycle. 

Until you can demonstrate that the Silverback sesta is measurably superior to ALL other suspension designs and options on the market, you cannot make the statements you have made. Your opinion is worthless unless backed by scientific data. 

So - bring on the science tests. We're all waiting. Or not. 

Im guessing that you're a dirt roadie aren't you?

All of a sudden I feel sympathy for the other dirt roadies. Eish!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Ok sorry but I was mentioned here as well as the frame design debate so I thought I should say something I apologize if you fail to see the humour in my comments I`m laughing my arse off for my own comments being so silly yet technically correct.

post-5386-1471549854,4832.jpg

Now stop making an ass out of yourself.

And now we're descending into the mundane, and when all else fails out comes the ad hominem attack. Classy.

We've been through this. A vertical shock orientation in and of itself is not a better design. Neither is a solid rear triangle. Suspension design is an exercise in compromise. Tiny changes in shock mounting position relative to pivot points, bearing size, pivot placement, leverage ratios, shock choice & tune, chainstay length, BB height, reach length and many, many other factors combined contribute to the overall performance of a bicycle.

Until you can demonstrate that the Silverback sesta is measurably superior to ALL other suspension designs and options on the market, you cannot make the statements you have made. Your opinion is worthless unless backed by scientific data.

So - bring on the science tests. We're all waiting. Or not.

Don't be holding your breath Myles. You won't be getting a cogent argument out of him any time soon methinks.

Don't be holding your breath Myles. You won't be getting a cogent argument out of him any time soon methinks.

nah, I know. But also, people who live in ignorance sometimes need to be brought back and reminded that opinions are worth shaite if you can't back them up with data. Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. If it's wrong, or they cannot back it up, it's not worth the air it takes for them to state it. 

Well if vertical no wait horizontal wait damnn....

I guess in between will then be the bees knees

http://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2015/06/mondraker-dune-rr2.jpg

http://cdn.coresites.factorymedia.com/bikemagic_new/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Meta-AM-2.jpg

nah, I know. But also, people who live in ignorance sometimes need to be brought back and reminded that opinions are worth shaite if you can't back them up with data. Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. If it's wrong, or they cannot back it up, it's not worth the air it takes for them to state it.

Opinions are like butts, everyone has one.

Problem is that often the ignorant wish to remain ignorant even when they are shown that their reasoning is poor or incorrect. Obviously it invalidates their opinions but it also makes changing their mind's near impossible. This I know from personal experience.

The Sesta's design is lovely for it's intended purpose (fast, light xco race machine) but that doesn't make it superior to other designs in the market. Pro Racer doesn't want to see this and I think no amount of debating and requesting data is going to change his mind. Good luck with that though.

This thread reminds me of a story

My girlfriend (who let me tell you is only my 2nd girlfriend of all time) said I am "invited to dinner" with her and her parents. I was very aghast, nervous, and bashful to be invited to such a situation. But I knew it must be done.

I met them nicely, I should tell you, and it started off in a good way. The idea slapped my mind that I should do a comic bit, to make a good impression and become known to them as a person who is amusing.

When I saw that baked potatoes were served I got the idea that it would be very good if I pretended I did not know what potatoes was. That would be funny.
Well let me tell you: backfired on my face. I'll tell you how.

So first when the potato became on my plate, I acted very interesting. I showed an expression on my face so as to seem that I was confused, astounded but in a restrained way, curious, and interested. They did notice, and seemed confused, but did not remark. So I asked "This looks very interesting. What is this?"

They stared at me and the mother said "It's a baked potato." And I was saying "Oh, interesting, a baked....what is it again?"
And she was like "A potato."
And I was like "A 'potato', oh interesting. Never heard of a potato, looks pretty good."
And then they didn't see I was clowning, but thought I really did not know what is a potato. So I knew I would be very shamed, humiliated, depressed, and disgusted if I admitted to making a bad joke, so what I did was to act as if it was not a joke but I committed to the act of pretending I didn't know what a potato is.

They asked me, VERY incredulous, did I really not know what a potato is? That I never heard of a potato. I went with it and told them, yes, I did not ever even hear of a potato. Not only had I never eaten a potato I had never heard the word potato.
This went on for a bit and my girlfriend was acting very confused and embarrassed by my "****** up antics", and then the more insistent I was about not knowing what a potato is was when them parents starting thinking I DID know what a potato was.

Well let me tell you I had to commit 100% at this point. When I would not admit to knowing what a potato was, the father especially began to get annoyed. At one point he said something like "Enough is enough. You're ******* with us. Admit it." And I said "Sir, before today I never heard of a potato. I still don't know what a potato is, other than some kind of food. I don't know what to tell you."

Well let me tell you he got very annoyed. I decided to take a bite of the potato, and when I did I made a high pitched noise and said "Taste's very strange!"
That is when the father started yelling at me, and the mother kept saying "What are you doing?" and my girlfriend went to some other room.

Finally the father said I should "Get the **** out of his house" and I said it was irrational to treat me like this just because I never heard of a potato before. Well let me tell you he didn't take that kindly.

Now in text messages I have been telling my girlfriend I really don't know what a potato is. The only way I can ever get out of this is for them to buy that I don't know what a potato is.
I wish I never started it but I can't go back. I think she will break up with me anyway.

Guest notmyname

This thread reminds me of a story

My girlfriend (who let me tell you is only my 2nd girlfriend of all time) said I am "invited to dinner" with her and her parents. I was very aghast, nervous, and bashful to be invited to such a situation. But I knew it must be done.

I met them nicely, I should tell you, and it started off in a good way. The idea slapped my mind that I should do a comic bit, to make a good impression and become known to them as a person who is amusing.

When I saw that baked potatoes were served I got the idea that it would be very good if I pretended I did not know what potatoes was. That would be funny.

Well let me tell you: backfired on my face. I'll tell you how.

So first when the potato became on my plate, I acted very interesting. I showed an expression on my face so as to seem that I was confused, astounded but in a restrained way, curious, and interested. They did notice, and seemed confused, but did not remark. So I asked "This looks very interesting. What is this?"

They stared at me and the mother said "It's a baked potato." And I was saying "Oh, interesting, a baked....what is it again?"

And she was like "A potato."

And I was like "A 'potato', oh interesting. Never heard of a potato, looks pretty good."

And then they didn't see I was clowning, but thought I really did not know what is a potato. So I knew I would be very shamed, humiliated, depressed, and disgusted if I admitted to making a bad joke, so what I did was to act as if it was not a joke but I committed to the act of pretending I didn't know what a potato is.

They asked me, VERY incredulous, did I really not know what a potato is? That I never heard of a potato. I went with it and told them, yes, I did not ever even hear of a potato. Not only had I never eaten a potato I had never heard the word potato.

This went on for a bit and my girlfriend was acting very confused and embarrassed by my "****** up antics", and then the more insistent I was about not knowing what a potato is was when them parents starting thinking I DID know what a potato was.

Well let me tell you I had to commit 100% at this point. When I would not admit to knowing what a potato was, the father especially began to get annoyed. At one point he said something like "Enough is enough. You're ******* with us. Admit it." And I said "Sir, before today I never heard of a potato. I still don't know what a potato is, other than some kind of food. I don't know what to tell you."

Well let me tell you he got very annoyed. I decided to take a bite of the potato, and when I did I made a high pitched noise and said "Taste's very strange!"

That is when the father started yelling at me, and the mother kept saying "What are you doing?" and my girlfriend went to some other room.

Finally the father said I should "Get the **** out of his house" and I said it was irrational to treat me like this just because I never heard of a potato before. Well let me tell you he didn't take that kindly.

Now in text messages I have been telling my girlfriend I really don't know what a potato is. The only way I can ever get out of this is for them to buy that I don't know what a potato is.

I wish I never started it but I can't go back. I think she will break up with me anyway.

post-85428-0-48388800-1471552705_thumb.jpg

Haha. Its not my story though. Its just something I remember reading a while back. 

The thread reminded me about it. So searched it up.

When you realise you made a terrible mistake.

But for some reason you have to remain committed to it. 

Thats just it. Why remain fully committed/ hard headed. Sometimes its just better to admit a fault, not knowing etc

Archived