Riding at Suikerbosrand?

Matuka

Was there yesterday. The wind was brutal. A lot of HTFU moments.

Only complaint is that the toilets at the parking area are in need of some major attention. One cant even venture near them.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there also there yesterday,the wind was insane.Lucky I met up with a rider nd rode the last quarter with with which made it much better cause solo is actually ***.if any solo riders want some one to ride with let me know but has to be esrly because I caught a mother of sun burn,I'm a medium rider not a pro

Was there also there yesterday,the wind was insane.Lucky I met up with a rider nd rode the last quarter with with which made it much better cause solo is actually ***.if any solo riders want some one to ride with let me know but has to be esrly because I caught a mother of sun burn,I'm a medium rider not a pro

Sounds like you medium to well done now... :whistling:

• 3 months later...

Morning All

Weather permitting I'm planning to do my 1st ride at Suikerbossie on Sunday.  The route from the Circus to the gate, is it "safe" as far as traffic is concerned?

Regards

Morning All

Weather permitting I'm planning to do my 1st ride at Suikerbossie on Sunday. The route from the Circus to the gate, is it "safe" as far as traffic is concerned?

Regards

Fairly safe, as the volume of traffic is low.

I say fairly, as there is always the risk of being in the right place at the wrong time, i.e. drunk drivers, cell phone drivers, speeding, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fairly safe, as the volume of traffic is low.

I say fairly, as there is always the risk of being in the right place at the wrong time, i.e. drunk drivers, cell phone drivers, speeding, etc.

Appreciated, thank you.  

Morning All

Weather permitting I'm planning to do my 1st ride at Suikerbossie on Sunday.  The route from the Circus to the gate, is it "safe" as far as traffic is concerned?

Regards

I rode it last weekend from the circus and it was fine. You can also park at the gate or, if coming in from the north, at the centre.

Need the km's ... Not to mention the climbing/suffering ...

Good luck, and take care (if you’re on your own - no need to try set a PB on the descents).

Will be a couple of us doing a group ride.  Just want to get time in the saddle with added ascent training.  I usually fall back to the slowest rider in the group and keep him/her company.  My blood, sweat, and tears are during the week on the trainer ...

I have done quite a few laps there lately. I am convinced there are much less animals than before. Anything to do with the Vets Trucks that were there a lot last year?

I found a camelback in the parking area after our ride yesterday (11 Feb) at around 11:20am. Please PM me if it is yours or you know who's camelback it is. Thanks

I have done quite a few laps there lately. I am convinced there are much less animals than before. Anything to do with the Vets Trucks that were there a lot last year?

was there on sat and didn’t see any wildlife at all.

Could be the bleeding from the eyes bit etc, but noticed the same thing .

We saw lots of droppings on the road and a big herd of what looked like wildebeest some distance away.

Hope there is more.

was there on sat and didn’t see any wildlife at all.

Could be the bleeding from the eyes bit etc, but noticed the same thing .

We saw quite a bit took some pics will post them later as soon as I get them off my phone, even picked up some Hedgehog spikes(what even you call them)

Edited by Dexter-morgan

We saw quite a bit took some pics will post them later as soon as I get them off my phone, even picked up some Hedgehog spikes(what even you call them)

my mate noticed all the quills lying in the road,as if he had warned of or defended himself numerous times in quick succession.