Riding at Suikerbosrand?

Matuka

I did it on my Cotic steel frame MTB...more for comfort and to get the max out of the training session!

Did the first lap with friends and a comfortable 2:40. Back to the car, change of bottles and off again.The second lap I was alone with my head down, managed 2:14.

Totals: just short of 5hrs rolling time. 115km and 2300m climbing! A good training session in any language!

There's a long weekend coming up...might be time for another Double! :whistling:

on a cotic steel frame ????on my road bike is just under a 2h30 when pushing a bit. I would have to do 2h45 + to survive 2 laps ????

Then a 2:14????....I'd say good training .

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on a cotic steel frame on my road bike is just under a 2h30 when pushing a bit. I would have to do 2h45 + to survive 2 laps

Then a 2:14....I'd say good training .

My small carbon seat on the road bike is only kind the first 3hrs :eek: Steel is real... 

You can come ride with me, on thursday we're coming from Heidelberg to do a small lap, full lap and another small then back home to Heidelberg. Gives you +- 130 km total with 2100m climbing, then Saturday from heidelberg - dbl SBR - back home (about 160km)

These are the real strong chaps who do this on a regular basis!

You can come ride with me, on thursday we're coming from Heidelberg to do a small lap, full lap and another small then back home to Heidelberg. Gives you +- 130 km total with 2100m climbing, then Saturday from heidelberg - dbl SBR - back home (about 160km)

I would much rather join you for a Crossfit workout.

I did it on my Cotic steel frame MTB...more for comfort and to get the max out of the training session!

Did the first lap with friends and a comfortable 2:40. Back to the car, change of bottles and off again.The second lap I was alone with my head down, managed 2:14.

Totals: just short of 5hrs rolling time. 115km and 2300m climbing! A good training session in any language!

There's a long weekend coming up...might be time for another Double! :whistling:

I am sure I rode near you right at the end. You still said something like "it is enough now". I was on a black roadbike with disc brakes. I told you that I did one and a small lap. We passed two ladies on the last drag before home. You were pulling like a diesel. Kudos.

I like this sequence. I will try it a few times in the next few days. Not the Heidelberg bit, but small-big-small laps.

I am sure I rode near you right at the end. You still said something like "it is enough now". I was on a black roadbike with disc brakes. I told you that I did one and a small lap. We passed two ladies on the last drag before home. You were pulling like a diesel. Kudos.

Aaah yes...Sorry, did not mean to drop you on the last hill and be anti social. Just needed to get over that hill and hold the rhythm before i gave into the crying legs...when you passed me on the main road, I was broken and couldn't keep up to you for a chat. Next time!

Was there this morning for a slow and gentle ride with some folk who have never been there before. All was well until that nasty down hill section - off camber corner, speed, brakes and oh feck.. OTB into the bushes via the gutter.

Tore the ass out of my bibs and the bibs out of my ass. Gashed my nose a shot. Found blackjacks in my ears and grass up my nose. Monster roastie on my ass

Very sore now with a possible partial torn rotator cuff.

To the blokes riding fat bikes - Kudos, especially Mr wheelie dude

Was there this morning for a slow and gentle ride with some folk who have never been there before. All was well until that nasty down hill section - off camber corner, speed, brakes and oh feck.. OTB into the bushes via the gutter.

Tore the ass out of my bibs and the bibs out of my ass. Gashed my nose a shot. Found blackjacks in my ears and grass up my nose. Monster roastie on my ass

Very sore now with a possible partial torn rotator cuff.

To the blokes riding fat bikes - Kudos, especially Mr wheelie dude

Bummer about the fall, that downhill is always sketch. We saw the fatbike guys as they came up that first climb while we were doing our first lap. Didn't look like they were struggling too bad

Who can one direct queries to at SBR regarding potholes in the reserve.

I saw there are 2 potholes on first major downhill, right on the line if you're taking it with speed.

I just came back from a ride at SBR. Each time I go there I see more and more riders going the wrong way round. Today there were a few more. As I started my descent I had a lady really struggling up the hill going the wrong way. I decided that she doesn't look like a rider that would tackle that alone and immediately slowed down. Lo and behold - on the most challenging corner the second lady was standing right in the apex. If I came down at my normal speed we would both have been in trouble. Obviously there was no chance to stop and educate. Any solution to this growing problem?

I just came back from a ride at SBR. Each time I go there I see more and more riders going the wrong way round. Today there were a few more. As I started my descent I had a lady really struggling up the hill going the wrong way. I decided that she doesn't look like a rider that would tackle that alone and immediately slowed down. Lo and behold - on the most challenging corner the second lady was standing right in the apex. If I came down at my normal speed we would both have been in trouble. Obviously there was no chance to stop and educate. Any solution to this growing problem?

We can ask the guys to put up some signage, and we can talk to and educate those we see going the wrong way.

The guys that I have seen doing it, knew what they were doing, but obviously didn't give a toss.