Joe's No Flats Tubeless System - Review

ewep

EWEP - explain "Joe's Tubeless System is designed to convert all standard rims and tires to tubeless." but check that rims are compatible! All or only compatible rims?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okie Dokie' date=' looks easy enough! Like I said tonights the night, I will be doing the conversion now but will put new tyres on before Sabie experience, is there enough sealant to do the new tyres or will I need to buy more? Is just the sealant expensive?

[/quote']

The sealant comes in a 500ml bottle, you should utilise between 100-120mm per tyre, so you should get 4 tyres usage out of it.

Don't know what the price of the Joes sealant by itself is as I used Stans sealant.

Good Luck

domenic, I bought my joes from Cyclelab, so the Cyclelab in CT should be able to help you.

Waar in Petooria can you get them. Going home for business next weekend.

No need for a compressor. Use a link between your spare tyre and the wheel. Get them from 4x4 shops and cheaper than a compressor.... much cheaper. All you need is a blast of high compression to seat the beads.

What is Joe's website address....I need to check the compatability issue. Will I be able to run my Continental Slicks (26x1,3) on them as well????

OK so I did it! Bought Joe's, 1 foldable and 1 wire bead Maxxis Crossmark (all they had and couldn't wait!).

My rims are Alex D16 disc specific , narrow. Took the rim tape off, cleaned the rim well. Carefully put the 'sticky' tape around ensuring all spoke holes were covered. Made the hole for the valve, carefully fitted the rim rubber strip.

Fitted the tyre, checked it was seated well then inflated with a bomb. Foldable first time, beaded needed 2 goes. Now removed the valve core, put in 120 mils sealant. Pumped with a floor pump to 50 psi, moved and spun in all directions as per the instructions. The beaded did seem to ooze a bit more but not much. they are now on the bike.

Will check how well it has held pressure in the morning and report back then. First ride will be Sunday.

Byron did it all as he has done a few Stans conversions, I just assisted! Flip its nice to have your own bike mechanic!

Checked this morning, no air loss at all! Just to satisfy my curiosity I will train with it tomorrow instead of the Fuji and then do the long ride Sunday.

Mampara, www.notubes.com = Stans.  The Joes installs much easier.

BigH, the easiest will be Cyclelab.  The guys on the other side of the "gordyn" doesn't have it in stock.

The chap at Epic cycles got stock . They are in the WierdaPark area . By the sounds of it this Joe stuff really install easier than Stans .

What about Frikkie's No More Tears system. It was developped in the south and are mainly for road bikes. Just use an old piece of hose pipe and you will never have a flat again. Oh yes, don't forget your kidney belt.

It may work in the South but I think our higher air pressure could cause problems with Frikkie . Anyway the okes down south will ride anything , where our Gauteng maakies are way to Lanie to do anything like that to their beloved road bikes !!!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, an update on the Joes.

After a few training rides, no problem.

Crater, all went well.  Went off the jeep/single track during the race and experienced no problems at all.  Hit a few nice thornys on the way, heard a quick 'psssst', but as I said, no problem, sealant worked like a charm.

No loss in tyre pressure.  Nice to have the low pressure as this allows for better traction and less worries about 'ye snaketh bite'

Only problem is that the back valve has some of the gunk (sealant) in.  Makes checking the tyre pressure a shlep, but still working.

Worth it guys and gals!