Joe's No Flats Tubeless System - Review

ewep

Only problem is that the back valve has some of the gunk (sealant) in.  Makes checking the tyre pressure a shlep' date=' but still working.

Worth it guys and gals!

[/quote']

When you re-fill again with the sealant, put some vaseline onto the core.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you re-fill again with the sealant' date=' put some vaseline onto the core.

[/quote']

Please stay on the topic. This is a "family" site and what you do with vaseline is your business.

I have also decided to go the tubeless conversion route using Joe's system. LBS is servicing bike so they will also do the conversion at the same time. Using existing mavic rims and new tubeless tires.

I have also decided to go the tubeless conversion route using Joe's system. LBS is servicing bike so they will also do the conversion at the same time. Using existing mavic rims and new tubeless tires.

But you do not need tubeless tires. But some regular tires are better for the job then others.

Mampara, you obviously associate Vaseline with a lot things, and valve cores isn't one of them LOL

IFLY, not necessary to use tubeless tyres.

tubeless tyres is nie noodsaaklik nie.is ligtermaar puncture makliker.kry iemand met fris arms om jou vloer pomp te pomp as jy die wiel wil seal.my arms is te pap,maar boetie speel rugby en eet perd hormone saam sy pap,so daai problem is gesort.ek glo vas in stans,maar was vir i jaar skepties,so mag dalk eendag as ek groot is joe`s se ma probeer

Had a look at Joe's, it a 24" tube cut in half for a rim strip which doesn't help for the bead lock and inflation (unlike Stan's). The sealant is incredibly ammonia rich, has a much higher ammonia content in comparison to Stan's, what the long term effects will of this remains to be seen? All in all, I don't see any real benefits? Nice to have options, I suppose, but I don't think it will entice me to change. Also the distributor is not my favourite. (I'm still waiting for my XTR shifters and seatpost they haven't returned to me)

Had a look at Joe's' date=' it a 24" tube cut in half for a rim strip which doesn't help for the bead lock and inflation (unlike Stan's). The sealant is incredibly ammonia rich, has a much higher ammonia content in comparison to Stan's, what the long term effects will of this remains to be seen? All in all, I don't see any real benefits? Nice to have options, I suppose, but I don't think it will entice me to change. Also the distributor is not my favourite. (I'm still waiting for my XTR shifters and seatpost they haven't returned to me)[/quote']

I've been running Stan's on my one bike for 7 months and Joe's on my race bike for 4 months and I've had no problems with either system,

As for your XTR, what was wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long wait, only saw your response now. On my seatpost the bonding came unstuck where the clamp is bonded into the post and on the shifters the casing started crumbling after a few months (about 5 I think) and I know it wasn't due to excessive riding because I broke my back in March of that year (exactly a week after I got my bike) and clearly didn't ride much at all!

So back to the subject!

Had no problem with Joe's at the Sabie pre ride this past weekend, 3 days 220 kays and about 5000m of climbing with all possible conditions but then neither did Byron with Stan's but ............

on the last day my boetie got a sidewall cut on a Crossmark (he had the same thing on a Larsen TT at last years event, perhaps the rider?) that didn't seal proper but could take enough pressure to finish the last 5k's (Joe's), another rider had a puncture with Joe's about the same time that wouldn't seal, it did appear that the bead got hurt, possible pinch on a rock?

So no conclusive evidence either way! Just still carry a tube? I will.

• 9 months later...

Techguy, in your report where you compare Joes and Stans you mention the distributor isnt your favourite.Please let me have details and exact and specific problems you  claiming about Xtr shifters etc. Your claim  is normally handled withing 12 hrs of receipt .

To speed up a claim with us its simple, just supply your invoice and date of purchase and you will not have a problem.

Awaiting your email by return

rgds steve meltzer

Sjoe guys! I've come a a long way with tubeless since that time. Still think it's a sheep in wolves clothing.

General thoughts on Joes is to agree that the rimstrips seem a lot thinner and less durable than Stans. Little Ben's Stans still have all the same strips in.  After nearly 20months. I have had my Joes (2 sets, 1 ea on my DS and HT) since last Nov and have already replaced strips 3 times.

Been using the Joes sealant only and no problem. Have had some 'non-sealable' punctures but now carry the repair kit discussed elsewhere. Have also realised that if you use proper tubeless tyres (at a price of course!) your problems can be less! Not that it doesn't work on 'normal' tyres of course, rode them for a long time.