Introducing the Knysna Bull

News bot

Exciting news for mountain bikers in South Africa… “Destination mountain biking” has evolved with the introduction of a reimagined event, the Knysna Bull. The new 3-day stage race is set for the 23rd to the 26th of February 2017 and is billed as the final Absa Cape Epic preparation race, but with a magical Knysna twist.

Click here to view the article

Sounds awesome, but R5k for 3 x 1 day races and lunch - ouch! 

I only call it 3 x 1 day races as they have 1 start and finish venue and no "rider camp" so the only element that makes it a stage race is the fact that they're on consecutive days.

Edited by Edge_Design

It includes dinner and some clothing as well (for what its worth).

Did it 2 years ago, great routes and nice one to bring the family with. Really enjoyed it.

But yes, not cheap.

Interesting that it falls on the same date as the old Garden Route 300 but officialy replaces the Knysna 200.

I did it last year and for me it disappointed. No gees.... Good trials, but certainly not great trials.

There are so many good events now....

Makes no sense. GR 300 and GR lite on same weekend than this. Is this the same event as GR lite or a new event? 3 events on same weekend?

Makes no sense. GR 300 and GR lite on same weekend than this. Is this the same event as GR lite or a new event? 3 events on same weekend?

Multiple events by the same company at the same venue on the same weekend? Or 1 new event? What do you think?

Multiple events by the same company at the same venue on the same weekend? Or 1 new event? What do you think?

Hehe, But I agree with him about the Old Knysna 300. Was my very first stage race and by far the toughest and funnest one I did

Hehe, But I agree with him about the Old Knysna 300. Was my very first stage race and by far the toughest and funnest one I did

Yes a pity, the GR300 was on my to-do-list, sad to see it is no more!

Sounds awesome, but R5k for 3 x 1 day races and lunch - ouch! 

I only call it 3 x 1 day races as they have 1 start and finish venue and no "rider camp" so the only element that makes it a stage race is the fact that they're on consecutive days.

It's a great ride - one of the best events around ito riding

Yes a pity, the GR300 was on my to-do-list, sad to see it is no more!

It's a great ride - one of the best events around ito riding

this, and its one my family normally goes with me and loves seeing me off at the start and waiting for me at the finish, i want to do it, but the shortening it and making it "lite" make me rethink it

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if anyone looking for a entry, let me know, team mate is unable to go and selling off his entry

• 2 weeks later...

SO!!!!! What did you think about the BULL?

• The trails were nice ( I love going up hills ) 
  • Shame we did not go closer to the sea on day 3
  • Water-points were not that bad if you love warm water and coke. 38deg. and NO ice!!!!!!
  • To get your car back to Knysna was not cheep!
  • After-race lunch at Tappas was great if you like eating the same food 3 days in a row and are told NO SECOND HELPINGS!!!
  • How long did the poor girl that got hurt had to lay there before med. help arrived?
  • And I know I am childisch but for a back-marker like myself to finish is worthy of a medal at the finish. NO MEDALS??????

So many races to choose from and this one was not cheep!

SO!!!!! What did you think about the BULL?

• The trails were nice ( I love going up hills ) 
  • Shame we did not go closer to the sea on day 3
  • Water-points were not that bad if you love warm water and coke. 38deg. and NO ice!!!!!!
  • To get your car back to Knysna was not cheep!
  • After-race lunch at Tappas was great if you like eating the same food 3 days in a row and are told NO SECOND HELPINGS!!!
  • How long did the poor girl that got hurt had to lay there before med. help arrived?
  • And I know I am childisch but for a back-marker like myself to finish is worthy of a medal at the finish. NO MEDALS??????
So many races to choose from and this one was not cheep!

Sounds more like Knysna Bullsh.t