2017 Freedom Challenge RASA & RTR

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so MikeP and Fjord got to Allendale about 2:20pm. and are the first to push on so far this year.

#nightmovestocentacow

I'm interested to know if the guys who took the "shortcut" (unintentionally, I guess) were penalised.

As I understand things, if you go off-route (for whatever reason) and gain a time advantage, you get a time penalty.

Can anyone clarify yesterday's incident for me please?

Alex's bike looks interesting - rigid front fork and doesn't look like he is planning on carrying a backpack....

That group is going to be interesting....

post-29797-0-09881800-1497346159_thumb.jpg

Alex's bike looks interesting - rigid front fork and doesn't look like he is planning on carrying a backpack....

That group is going to be interesting....

attachicon.gifGroup 8 RASA 2017.jpg

Sjoe... that rigid is a very brave call. Hard to question a guy like him though

I'm interested to know if the guys who took the "shortcut" (unintentionally, I guess) were penalised.

As I understand things, if you go off-route (for whatever reason) and gain a time advantage, you get a time penalty.

I don't have the new narrative, but I looked in the 2013 narries and that area was an oob area, explicitly mentioned, then.

Edit. It does look like it may be shorter/quicker and worth a recce if it is allowed.

Sjoe... that rigid is a very brave call. Hard to question a guy like him though

Saw them off in PMB this morning. Alex is riding a Lauf fork upfront and set off without a backpack and with tri-bars. Looks like he will be pushing the limits. He was in full aero position on the tar crossing at THornville at 7:02

I don't have the new narrative, but I looked in the 2013 narries and that area was an oob area, explicitly mentioned, then.

Edit. It does look like it may be shorter/quicker and worth a recce if it is allowed.

There is no mention of OOB in either the current narrative or the Race Booklet, so that is not an issue in my opinion.

The issue is whether the riders gained a time advantage, for which they should be penalised (whoever they are). Failing to penalise transgressions sets a precedent.

It's not an easy call.

Wow, Martin is flying. Going to beat the fastest time to Allendale by quite some.

Saw them off in PMB this morning. Alex is riding a Lauf fork upfront and set off without a backpack and with tri-bars. Looks like he will be pushing the limits. He was in full aero position on the tar crossing at THornville at 7:02

Lauf is a whole a whole lot better of an idea  :thumbup: 

Going to be some cracking racing

I read last nights report and nothing was mentioned.

They definitely did get a time advantage.

Maybe tweet the RO? ;)

Archived