SP777

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8.49 with 3 penalty

This happened at the last Ride for Sight,

Almost no Elites with major Cross Winds

=VA

Checked my PPA seeding....and they take into account first stage of Jock but not stages 2 and 3? Strange

Checked my PPA seeding....and they take into account first stage of Jock but not stages 2 and 3? Strange

Don't think they are able to use stages 2 & 3 as the timing is all cocked up... have a look at the winning times and beta's for those stages (winners time stage 3 - 28 seconds and beta 277,98??)

PPA 46.87

Sneak peek 947 seeding is G

I note that PPA and Cycle Events differ, PPA has done an updated seeding run that isn't on Cycle Events site yet.  I can see this by the +1 penalty added to all my earlier results

Don't think they are able to use stages 2 & 3 as the timing is all cocked up... have a look at the winning times and beta's for those stages (winners time stage 3 - 28 seconds and beta 277,98??)

Ya I saw that. Timing all over the show.

From their website:

If I would like to be reseed, how do I apply?

You will be emailed your start time on the 7th October. You may then apply for a reseed by requesting a reseed form, completing it, and sending it back to the Race Office with valid results which were not considered in our initial seeding criteria. All applications must be in and paid for by 13h00 on the 14th October.

The 947 website has a link to the seeding calcs, looks the same as the PPA link posted earlier and it doesn't give start group yet.

http://seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za/riderseeding.aspx

The text from the website below seems to confirm that seeding will be made available tomorrow if you can start asking for a reseed tomorrow

"Reseeds may ONLY be applied for between 6 and 14 October (by 13h00) and are awarded at the discretion of the Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge seeding committee, at a cost of R150. To apply email cyclechallenge@947.co.za."

Just to explain - for those that don't know.

Both Racetec and Cycle Events are non-profit organisations that belongs to the same organisation that owns the CTCT - of which PPA is part of too.

The seeding that is done by the PPA, Cycle Events, 947 and any other race that uses the interface (pictured) below is technically using the same database, with a window-dressed front-end UI.

post-1372-0-38285400-1475672848_thumb.png

Just to explain - for those that don't know.

Both Racetec and Cycle Events are non-profit organisations that belongs to the same organisation that owns the CTCT - of which PPA is part of too.

The seeding that is done by the PPA, Cycle Events, 947 and any other race that uses the interface (pictured) below is technically using the same database, with a window-dressed front-end UI.

attachicon.gif947 seeding.PNG

Did you reeeaaaallly just use those words in the same sentence :ph34r:

So looking at their seeding website, they do not use all of my racetec events as none of my Jock races are there (which give me a lower seeding)... so this a  way of making cash in that now if I want to be reseeded I have to pay for the Jock races to be considered... when they should have been on the system already as racetec timed events???

EDIT:  Both PPA and Cyclevents seeding have my Jock races but for some reasons 94.7 does not ....yet it seems the same portal, different colour

Further Edit: found answer on 94.7 cycle challenge webpage - The organizing committee will use events timed by Race Tec between 7 September 2015 and 30 September 2016 which are 90km's or more for seeding

Did you reeeaaaallly just use those words in the same sentence :ph34r:

Yes, I did!

As explained to me (other a few others) by the "non profiteers" who are managing 1our race office.

1 Carnival City Macsteel National Classic 

From what I can see from the Gerald's link to the seeding, they had a calculation error. 

They have last years 947 result, without penalties, and some creative maths which changed my official seeding from that event at the time which was 14.74 and made it 11.79.

I think that is why the pulled the seeding that was shown on Racetec last night.

Archived