cycle paths being sabotaged with spikes

my_intense

portable angle grinder , won't take more than 30sec

Problem solved and then it can still be diged for if needed

What's the statistical probability of a surveyor peg being slap bang in the middle of a MTB trail? Or that is was there in the trail before?.

I would say quite possible..the trail could easily be on an existing old boundary that is no longer there and was used as a pathway along the fence line. Easy to verify..just get someone with access to the erf data to overlay it on aerial imagery in a gis or cad package

have a look to see if it has a small indentation on the flat top surface as if it's been hit with a sharp punch. if yes, then it's a survey peg for sure (think 'theodolite'). if not, possibly a boundary peg

I suggest that someone gets the exact co-ordinates of that peg and contact the Surveyor General's (Cape Town) office to see if it is legit.

Mystery solved - and appropriate action to follow.

Could be an issue if planted with ill intent.

IMO that looks like it's be freshly hammed in. Top is too shiny to have been there for a long time? 

I see dead people........

I saw one in the mirror this morning. Or an almost dead one. Feels like it. Hate it, hence all the negativity, and I want to be out there riding today. I was getting so fit lately. Had a nice ride up Helderberg on Thursday, and then another 50km ride on the roadie with my boy to Stellies yesterday.

I hate getting a summer cold.

I saw one in the mirror this morning. Or an almost dead one. Feels like it. Hate it, hence all the negativity, and I want to be out there riding today. I was getting so fit lately. Had a nice ride up Helderberg on Thursday, and then another 50km ride on the roadie with my boy to Stellies yesterday.

I hate getting a summer cold.

I hear you..

After going to EzelEnduro with what I thought was a mild flu, I have since been booked off work for 10 days, missed Lesotho sky, been banned from all but light exercise and put on steroids, corterzone and a large cocktail of other drugs to try and shake a viral and secondary bacterial infection in my lungs and sinuses.

Went for a hike today with the missus but my bikes are all staring at me longingly.

Will build ease back into a few light jogs and flat spins to test the ticker and the lungs... it is horrible.

Archived