Refund for wheels

King of the downhill

Hi fellow hubbers.....I have been a hubber (and more importantly) a happy cyclist, for a few years now.....I have also sold many a bike part on the hub and occasionally,a full bike.....A few months back I sold a set of Syncros wheels to a buyer.....To my knowledge wheels were in good nick and rode really awesome but I had another set so I decided to sell these.....Long story short.....after almost 6 months this guy NOW comes back to me and tell me there is a "stress mark" on the one rim and insists that I take back the wheelset and give him a full refund........SERIOUS....... He had a good look at the wheels when purchasing them and my question is......If he saw the "stress mark" now....why did he not see it at point of purchase????? Please advise as to what will be the right thing for me to do.....I have only 100% ratings on the Hub...... P.S.  He claims he only took out the wheels now to start a build with them.........PLEASE HELP.....

Regards

King of the Downhill.....

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, he inspected the wheels before he bought them, has had them six months, and now wants a refund. I would politely decline

IMO, cant believe after six months he only saw a stress mark now. Sounds a bit dodgy, but that's just me..

So, he inspected the wheels before he bought them, has had them six months, and now wants a refund. I would politely decline

This

He should have insurance he can claim from them. 

The only time I expect a warranty is if the item is new.

6 months is a bit long.

Buyers have a responsibility along with sellers. He should have inspected them on recieving them.

I would politely decline his request.

He should have insurance he can claim from them.

The only time I expect a warranty is if the item is new.

How? What would he claim?

Just tell him   "I'm Disinclined to Acquiesce to Your Request" :thumbup:

Layman terms, it means NO!!

He bought the wheels as is, knowing they are used and not new, he inspected, was happy to buy and rode them happily for 6 months and in all likelihood the stress mark happened during his use of the wheels.  He has no comeback and is just trying his luck!!

As others have said, politely decline.

He's having a laugh . 6 months ??? Really,am gobsmacked he even contacts you after this length of time . A week yes,2 weeks maybe at a push. How do you know that he hasn't cased a jump and now is crying fowl ??

I value my hub reputation as well and always try and sort out any grievances with a buyer or seller as ones persons mint condition is not always your idea of mint condition. But there's a line and this is it.

Having said that there's 2 sides to every story.

How? What would he claim?

He could claim he crashed and now his wheel is damaged. Insurance isn't just for theft.

Second Hand items are sold "Voetstoots" generally.... So that said, I would politely tell him to "F" Off....

School fees for him....

6 months is way to long, no matter what he says regarding use. He inspected them at the time of purchase and was happy to pay whatever you asked for them at the time. I would not entertain his request...

Please invite the buyer to share his thoughts in this thread. I know its three days out, but this could get mighty interesting ;)

Archived