Refund for wheels

King of the downhill

So dawn has passed and I didnt hear the sound of handbags, so has this been resolved?

If not then let the entertainment commence...

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He inspected the wheels in person before he handed over the cash, so in my mind the photo on the ad does not make a difference.

That's pretty much end of the discussion.Those 'stress marks' didn't appear during 6 months of no use. He failed at the most basic level:

Caveat Emptor - the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

Whether the wheel was used or cross-dressing as something else, is IMO, completely irrelevant now. The buyer bought it as-is, in person where he had every opportunity to pose questions based on a thorough examination. He did not. He carries the ball here.

I would like to see any buyer feedback/rating of the seller though. could be worthy of another chuckle or two.. ^_^

going to chat my LBS today to check if I can get a full refund on my 2 month old Propel...

I swear I didn't use it, just had it packed away and took it out this morning and noticed the chainrings are worn.

going to chat my LBS today to check if I can get a full refund on my 2 month old Propel...

I swear I didn't use it, just had it packed away and took it out this morning and noticed the chainrings are worn.

snaaks :D

I would like to see any buyer feedback/rating of the seller though. could be worthy of another chuckle or two.. ^_^

As requested :positive.png Straight forward guy. Awesome to deal with. Will definitely do business with him again.

From nuge (Buyer) - 10 December 2015 - 08:39View feedback

positive.png item was in good condition as promised. seller trustworthy. all good.

From lipsync (Buyer) - 17 November 2015 - 11:44View feedback

positive.png First class Seller. No problems whatsoever

From tracknut (Buyer) - 07 September 2015 - 11:42View feedback

positive.png Great condition & packaging and very friendly

As requested :positive.png Straight forward guy. Awesome to deal with. Will definitely do business with him again.

positive.png item was in good condition as promised. seller trustworthy. all good.

Apologies for lack of precision: I was intending to refer to feedback from the buyer of the wheelset in question.

It's not actually a Propel? What? Is it a Spesh with Giant stickers on it? That would be serious fraud.. 

...but then you shag just one sheep...

Apologies for lack of precision: I was intending to refer to feedback from the buyer of the wheelset in question.

Very valid...If there was an issue why not rate me as a "seller"...Like all the other "buyers" did.....

Very valid...If there was an issue why not rate me as a "seller"...Like all the other "buyers" did.....

That is really the only recourse the buyer has.

I would still rather buy from someone that has mostly good reviews with one bad, than someone that has no reviews.

I think this is laid to rest

1. The entire 21 page thread is over R1400 wheels

2. The OP is either stupid enough to buy bew rims decals and rebuild and sell them as the old wheels at a loss, or the buyer is trying bullding strawmen from hot air.

3. The OP is in his right to refuse a refund, and the buyer cant do anything about it.

4. We trust the seller'/ character based on his history and reputationin the Hub community and thus by default take his point of view, unless it can be PROVEN otherwis.

5. Buyer must write this off as school fees, stop moaning over 1400 rims and enjoy them on the road.

Peace out

It's not actually a Propel? What? Is it a Spesh with Giant stickers on it? That would be serious fraud.. 

That would be a sleeper or in this case a sleeping Giant.

Archived