The 100th Giro d'Italia

'Dale

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did i see correctly that van Garderen tried to go in the break?

Fixed it for you. :)

Yip, i cant see BMC continuing his contract

After this Giro I will be surprised if he doesn't call it quits at the end of the year ..shame he really wanted to be a GT race winner..but frankly he just isn't good enough. .like I said before I dint even think he would be able to work for a GC rider over 3 weeks..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

After this Giro I will be surprised if he doesn't call it quits at the end of the year ..shame he really wanted to be a GT race winner..but frankly he just isn't good enough. .like I said before I dint even think he would be able to work for a GC rider over 3 weeks..

There was a very heart felt interview with him the other day after one of the stages where he went backwards and it was sad to read. He has talent and a fair few years left as he's only 28 so he still has time to find the way to best use his talents and accept where he is in the landscape of Pro Cycling. 

I think he should be focusing on 1 week stage races and support roles for Porte / Dennis in the the GT's if he can swallow that pill. 

http://www.velonews.com/2017/05/giro-ditalia/van-garderen-maybe-not-grand-tour-rider_438724

There was a very heart felt interview with him the other day after one of the stages where he went backwards and it was sad to read. He has talent and a fair few years left as he's only 28 so he still has time to find the way to best use his talents and accept where he is in the landscape of Pro Cycling.

I think he should be focusing on 1 week stage races and support roles for Porte / Dennis in the the GT's if he can swallow that pill.

http://www.velonews.com/2017/05/giro-ditalia/van-garderen-maybe-not-grand-tour-rider_438724

Ja shame.. I read that interview.

Hard to stay motivated when it goes like the way it has.

Three in the lead and a 40 odd chasing group following them and then the Pink Jersey group. 

Good news is DDD have 5 riders there. :)

Valerio Agnoli (Bahrain-Merida), Ben Gastauer and Quentin Jaurégui (Ag2r La Mondiale), Jesper Hansen (Astana), Enrico Barbin and Lorenzo Rota (Bardiani-CSF), Tejay Van Garderen, Manuel Senni, and Francisco Ventoso (BMC Racing), Jan Barta and Jose Mendes (Bora-hansgrohe), Felix Grosschartner, Lukasz Owsian, Branislau Samoilau and Michal Schelgel (CCC Sprandi Polkowice), Michael Woods (Cannondale-Drapac), Jérémy Roy (FDJ), Maxime Monfort (Lotto Soudal), Gorka Izagirre and Rory Sutherland (Movistar), Christopher Juul-Jensen (Orica-Scott), Laurens De Plus and Dries Devenyns (Quick-Step Floors), Natnael Berhane, Omar Fraile, Jacques Janse Van Rensburg, Kristian Sbaragli, and Daniel Teklehaimanot (Dimension Data), Martijn Keizer (LottoNL-Jumbo), Salvatore Puccio (Team Sky), Simon Geschke (Team Sunweb), Peter Stetina and Julien Bernard (Trek-Segafredo), Rui Costa, Valerio Conti and Jan Polanc (UAE Team Emirates), Julen Amezqueta, Matteo Busato and Ilya Koshevoy (Wilier-Selle Italia), and Sergey Firsanov (Gazprom-Rusvelo). 

DDD almost has their whole team in the split :lol:

Just brilliant ????????????????????????

DDD almost has their whole team in the split :lol:[/quote

Is Johann van Zyl still in the Giro..can't believe he has not been in any of the breaks?

Yoh. A truce amongst the GC guys? Gap is 10'34" to the leaders..the chasers are 5'11" from the leaders.

Archived