the Chinese dont take long

Duimpies

Knowing how good they are getting, will probably come in a colnago box with fake serial numbers. 

How would you be able to tell its a fake? 

I only saw the post now.

Just a friendly warning, you are NOT ALLOWED, to import fakes/counterfeit goods into za. If you get caught the goods will be confiscated and you will be fined, and even worse...

Don't say I didn't warn you guys.

Sh*t.....I just ordered a whole container of them :ph34r:

Knowing how good they are getting, will probably come in a colnago box with fake serial numbers. 

How would you be able to tell its a fake? 

There are processes in Place to combat that, but nothing can beat knowledge about how and where bikes are made etc. And unfortunately not everyone has knowledge of that.

The same goes for Clothing etc.

Not allowed to go in to much detail, we have lists of what certain goods should cost when importing it and from where. So when you import a Carbon bike and you only pay R20000 for a complete bike "from China" it will be red flagged.

Remember, when you importing something, the seller will have to declare the Consignment on a Bill of Entry before Duties etc can be paid. So the system will immediately say if its unde-declared etc. Resulting in a valuation inspection, and that's when they will get caught.

Original Colnago's, Trek, Spez etc. also get imported and there's already a baseline to work with of how much +- a bike would cost.

There are processes in Place to combat that, but nothing can beat knowledge about how and where bikes are made etc. And unfortunately not everyone has knowledge of that.

The same goes for Clothing etc.

Not allowed to go in to much detail, we have lists of what certain goods should cost when importing it and from where. So when you import a Carbon bike and you only pay R20000 for a complete bike "from China" it will be red flagged.

Remember, when you importing something, the seller will have to declare the Consignment on a Bill of Entry before Duties etc can be paid. So the system will immediately say if its unde-declared etc. Resulting in a valuation inspection, and that's when they will get caught.

Original Colnago's, Trek, Spez etc. also get imported and there's already a baseline to work with of how much +- a bike would cost.

BUT, if is not 100% a replica, in other words it can be seen as a different brand then there is no issue. as long as you do not declare it as a Colnago you should be fine.

What would the issue be if I by a bike as a Colnago lookalike but it is declared as a whoflungdung Colnago replica/lookalike and can carry a cheap sticker price, or am I missing something?

Then it is not a fake, but you can tell your mates it is the real deal blah blah fish-paste to get your rocks off.

Prof Owen Dean taught a very good Semester course on Intellectual Property Law during my LLB which explained it.

If you missed it, just take Lexx's word for it that it is illegal.

What it comes down to its an Unlawfully Reproduction and Intellectual Property Rights theft. Because they are using the same design and model as Pinarello, Colnage, etc. 

But don't quote me on it, I'm not as clued up on all the legality and going into finer details on it.

But, We as SARS and DTI has an obligation to help and safeguard our economy against fake import etc. As it will cripple the Industry.

If I can give an example. Look at the Cigarettes Market, its just cheaper fake brand everywhere, and its a multi-billion $$ industry.

We are not allowed to talk about cases etc, but do you self a favour and read Johann van Loggerenberg's book "Roque".

Its about SARS and all the fake imports and cigarette industry etc. It will give you a good idea what we have to face everyday.