Single Speed conversion

Speeltyd

Just need to add, that removing the rear wheel is a breeze with this .... not so much when using a tentioner or a bike with horizontal / track drop outs.

http://i.imgur.com/DzJm5qH.jpg

I did that too. My last setup. But its got gears on now

I happen to have the same guide in my tool box waiting for a new project ... just in green.

Items already loaded in Rapide basket...

Only need one thing....

Convince myself I will ride the SS after the new is gone / convince myself I will have time to ride it between my other 3 geared bikes...

Lol

My SS is my go to bike for all my training rides up 70kms. Beyond that I get frustrated with the top speed of 25km/h on the flats.

My geared bike waits in the garage for races to happen.

Items already loaded in Rapide basket...

Only need one thing....

Convince myself I will ride the SS after the new is gone / convince myself I will have time to ride it between my other 3 geared bikes...

Lol

Believe me you will ride it. It is the most fun that you can have on a bicycle. Especially if you keep it real and ride steel. And rgid, always rigid Edited by Vetseun

Just need to add, that removing the rear wheel is a breeze with this .... not so much when using a tentioner or a bike with horizontal / track drop outs.

I find removing the rear wheel on my STR (horizontal drop-outs) a breeze. Nothing to it, honestly.

I find removing the rear wheel on my STR (horizontal drop-outs) a breeze. Nothing to it, honestly.

STR doesn't have horizontal dropouts, they're sliding dropouts, beeg difference.

• 4 months later...

Speeltyd, instead of running the tensioner like that, invert it and cause it to push the chain up. This will cause the chain to wrap around the rear cog more and prevent the chain slipping or jumping off.

Edited by Monark

• 4 years later...