CWC Online: NEW EXCITING STUFF

CWC Online

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These must be the new Cycle Lab prices :whistling:

Cyclelab don't have many in their online range but the most expensive is R150..... siggggghhh

I cant be bothered, its function over form. My feet are important to me. These falke socks fit great and are extremely comfortable, especially the thicker ones. I have some hiking varieties in them as well. No blisters!!!

You forget though that Patch' loves to strike a pose... just look at the blue steel happening in his avatar! So I'd say that form is the function to some. 

There is no CL involvement at CWC, deal is off.

G

Well now that is good news so something worthwhile came out this thread after all. :thumbup:

Great news , I can't stand the vibe in a CL store .

How do you justify a R 400 pair of socks , and they are men's socks with flowers on them ......

To be completely honest here you cant blame CWC really for the pricing. Those socks are damn expensive to begin with when you buy them in their originating country.

Add the nuts import tax on garments and duties/transport etc and its pretty much ballpark for the price.

So maybe its a case of buying them if you want to prove you like to drop a lot of cash on cycling or something along those lines.

Personally there is no way in hell that I will be paying anything close to that for a pair socks.

Great news , I can't stand the vibe in a CL store .

How do you justify a R 400 pair of socks , and they are men's socks with flowers on them ......

The one and only one I went into didn't have any vibe so never went back.

ye, clothes from out of country = eina.

There is a 40% levy... penalty tax on any clothing imported so if it already started expensive it just gets ridiculous.

G

To be completely honest here you cant blame CWC really for the pricing. Those socks are damn expensive to begin with when you buy them in their originating country.

Add the nuts import tax on garments and duties/transport etc and its pretty much ballpark for the price.

So maybe its a case of buying them if you want to prove you like to drop a lot of cash on cycling or something along those lines.

Personally there is no way in hell that I will be paying anything close to that for a pair socks.

Sock are the new cool thing to have / start a business doing... and these are from italy so you know they are quality (or you're just paying the weak rand and the 50% import duty!). 

'only' 20% import duty......

CAUTION OPINION TO BE RAISED.

Ever since Versus identified a gap in the market (which is why they are so success full IMO) everyone has tried to get on the bandwagon like SOX,Fini,ect. ect. and power to them. But the point where you start asking R130 OR R400 for a pair you are killing your market.

I bought one pair of Versus socks and was impressed but they were "kapoet" after pretty much 2 months of riding (NO I did not wear them every single day / ride)  and thats were it ended , was nice for a while but I'm over it.

However the Cheap "Shimano XTR" socks I buy at cajees/cyclelab for like R30 a pair last forever they are just as breathable(for what I can feel) and comfortable as hell. 

So thats what I will continue to use cheap socks that Look the **** (I mean XTR :w00t: )and are comfortable for any type of riding I do.

** Let the stone throwing begin....

Did anybody else notice how the GoPro ploy didn't actually change the direction of this thread!

R 400 is cray cray but it's been coming because we are our own worst enemies. The more we buy into these expensive products (and by this i'm saying that 90% of cycling equipment out there) the more the industry will try and push the envelope.

If they sell them then they make huge profit, if they put them on 50% off special then...

...oh wait they still make huge profit.

I see there are socks with the USA decal. Any chance that you've got socks with the Israeli flag and that of the Palestinian Authority? 

Palestinian on the left, Israeli on the right foot.... working together. :thumbup:

Archived