What is this Specialized Power saddle all about

Chris NewbyFraser

I had similar issues (pain/numbness at the top of hammie and also a little bit more to the inside of the leg where it meets the bum - if that makes sense). I also realized I move around on the saddle, and tend to pull myself forward...

So with the help of centurion cyclery I moved the saddle a lit bit forward with the nose a little bit down (used a bubble level app on my phone and put it basically in the cutout part of the saddle and set it that the Y axis is 1.0), and also moved a spacer or two down on the stem to position it a little bit higher (on my roadbike).

Don't know if any of this will help you, but just some ideas perhaps... let me know if the above is confusing and I will try to explain better [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you saying where the hanmie meets the bum, i think...like where you leg joins to your bum the inside section. I have some chaffing there, on both sides that i thought the saddle would resolve but two rides in and its still there. Also feels like the top of my hammies (where is meets the bum)is rubbing/touching when i cycle.

Jislaak, this saddle is something else in terms of getting the setup right. On my last ride i adjusted it up, down, left and right and still could not get it right. Will see how the next ride goes.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had similar issues (pain/numbness at the top of hammie and also a little bit more to the inside of the leg where it meets the bum - if that makes sense). I also realized I move around on the saddle, and tend to pull myself forward...

So with the help of centurion cyclery I moved the saddle a lit bit forward with the nose a little bit down (used a bubble level app on my phone and put it basically in the cutout part of the saddle and set it that the Y axis is 1.0), and also moved a spacer or two down on the stem to position it a little bit higher (on my roadbike).

Don't know if any of this will help you, but just some ideas perhaps... let me know if the above is confusing and I will try to explain better [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I on the other hand keep sliding forward. I have tilt the nose upward a bit and that is a bit better. I have moved the saddle back very slightly for the hammie pain and will see how it goes this weekend. if I still experience the pain in the hammie I'll try move it forward a bit and see how it goes.

Interesting what you said about the stem. I've adjusted mine a bit higher last year due to some advice to alleviate upper back pain - which didn't help anyway so I might just as well go back to its original setting. It makes sense that if you are more aerodynamic, that it will push your butt back into the seat naturally.

I know what you saying where the hanmie meets the bum, i think...like where you leg joins to your bum the inside section. I have some chaffing there, on both sides that i thought the saddle would resolve but two rides in and its still there. Also feels like the top of my hammies (where is meets the bum)is rubbing/touching when i cycle.

Jislaak, this saddle is something else in terms of getting the setup right. On my last ride i adjusted it up, down, left and right and still could not get it right. Will see how the next ride goes.

yes that is the spot.

When I bought the saddle the store told me to set it up with the back of the saddle in the same position as my old saddle (also a specialized - romin evo) - but that was horrible, numbness and pain galore... So I set up the fore/aft with a plumb line, and actually moved it another 0.5 - 1 centimeter forward - as I realized the pain/chaffing comes from me pulling myself forward and then sitting on the nose of the saddle rather than the "seat" part.

I also thought about dropping the saddle 5mm like someone else have said earlier in the thread - but first need to ride that bike again since I haven't been on it in 6 weeks

I must be one if the lucky ones! Simply took off my existing 143mm phenom, and replaced it with a 155mm power pro keeping the rear of the power pro in the same position as that of the phenom, leveled out the nose and went for a pain free 2 & 1/2 hour ride this morning. I did take along an Allen key to make some road/trail side adjustments, but alas, none required. So far, so good.

I had same discomfort and lowered my seatpost by 5mm. Sorted. Try it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've lowered the nose on mine ever so slightly as well as drop the seatpost by a couple of mm. Now my knees bend too much and I slide off the saddle. If I lift the saddle, I'm leaning forward on the bars too much. 

How do I know if the saddle is too wide for me?

I had same discomfort and lowered my seatpost by 5mm. Sorted. Try it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I measured what my seat height should be and it was too low so i actually lifted it a little bit. Still need to go for a ride to test it out. I am on flats so might me slightly high but will make some height adjustments on the trail if required.

I've lowered the nose on mine ever so slightly as well as drop the seatpost by a couple of mm. Now my knees bend too much and I slide off the saddle. If I lift the saddle, I'm leaning forward on the bars too much. 

How do I know if the saddle is too wide for me?

Anyone?

To know the right saddle width you can go to a Spez store and ask them the measure for you. Thats what I did.

I did and they measured me at 145 and said I don't NEED to be on a 143, but should try the 155 and let them know if it works. It doesn't, but I'm not sure if it's because of the width or something else

Again, if anyone is selling I'm looking!  

Tried another shop today and was told that they're only getting more in March.

I did and they measured me at 145 and said I don't NEED to be on a 143, but should try the 155 and let them know if it works. It doesn't, but I'm not sure if it's because of the width or something else

If they say you a 145 then i would think the 143 woukd be the better fit.

On my ride today i felt a little better on my saddle as i made sure my saddle height was right for me and the nose of the saddle ever so slightly upwards. Its not a leave and forget and angles singing at the moment so will give it a few more rides to see.

Inwpuld keep your saddle height at the height it should be and have the nose slightly, very slightly up and see how it goes. Have you tried moving it forward or back a little bit to find the comfy spot?

After a few rides on mine I have decided it is not for me. Very comfortable for XC style rides, but I like techie rides and I find the henge that was on my bike is better for me. So I am selling.

It is a Power Pro 155mm black. Used for a total of 5 hours. They retail for 2899, so I am looking to get about R2k. Inbox me if you are interested.

Was going to keep it for my XC build, but realistically that is not going to happen for another year or two...

After a few rides on mine I have decided it is not for me. Very comfortable for XC style rides, but I like techie rides and I find the henge that was on my bike is better for me. So I am selling.

It is a Power Pro 155mm black. Used for a total of 5 hours. They retail for 2899, so I am looking to get about R2k. Inbox me if you are interested.

Was going to keep it for my XC build, but realistically that is not going to happen for another year or two...

I'd love to, but that's beyond my budget - I'm looking at the Comp in 155 - that's the most that I can spend.

Me too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived