What is this Specialized Power saddle all about

Chris NewbyFraser

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aaahhh that's my problem I need the red one ????

My saddle is only black...but I recently bought new red grips so naturally I'm now a lot faster...

• 3 weeks later...

So, I got my Power Pro on Friday and will properly test it over December. I'll give some feedback in Jan.

Any ideas on where to get a 155mm one in Cape Town? pretty please...

Got mine at Revolution Cycles in Bree Street. Also try Freewheel Cycology in Kenilworth Main Road if you're on that side.

I got my 155cm at Freewheel Cycology in Kenilworth - great group of guys. Loved the saddle so much I had to get a second one for my other bike! Really life changing.

Check with Stellenbosch and they have an Expert and Pro in 155mm 

Check with Stellenbosch and they have an Expert and Pro in 155mm

Please excuse my ignorance but what are the differences between the Expert and Pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please excuse my ignorance but what are the differences between the Expert and Pro?

a grand... and that gets you a carbon shell over a carbon reinforced one and is 30g less for the Pro. both have Ti rails

Expert has level 2 padding (mid thickness)

Pro has level 1 padding (thinner) and costs R1000 more. It is also a few grams lighter.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs Santa deemed my year's behavior worthy of a Power Pro saddle. First ride today and nary bruised sitbone.  May need to adjust the nose down a bit. It's a huge difference to the Arione-like saddle I had before. Cover is a lot grippier and it's good that sliding around on the saddle is a thing of the past - it's a tiny saddle!

Compared to the Phenom that I was happy with the same size (143mm) Power saddle felt too wide and very short on longer rides. Two changes I made....nose down a bit more than previous saddle and lowered the seatpost about 5mm . Totally happy now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just wondering about Dieters bonding comment made on 24 Nov. Perhaps this 'point' plays a bigger but unspoken role in some other decisions that have been made by soms? Just wondering......ooops!

I have behaving some tenderness for a while now and went for a 2H30min ride yesterday and it's sore. The skin is more tender and there is a sore there (apologies for the info) which should not really be the case right? I am riding a Henge 143

Its been tender for long time now and on a Ride with Pikey, I rode his bike and he had this power saddle and I thought to myself that it felt super comfy, like it's not even there. So I went on a mission to get one seeing as though I was having some issues. Went to a concept sore to measure my sit bones and the said I need a 155 for sure. Measured twice and no where close to even a 143 which is what I was on.

Scoured the classifieds here and found one as good as new so of course I bought it and it arrived today.

You are probably expecting this super success story of how all my pain had gone but not yet. After reading this thread it was clear that the saddle needs to be set up correctly so I have put it on trying to get the nose part level. Please advise if this looks right as per pic attached.

A quick pedal around the driveway and it feels different and seems to put me more forward but I did read that it tends to put you in more race like position. This will take time to get used to but will be able to tell after 2 or 3 rides.

post-57045-0-60305700-1483102987_thumb.jpg

Archived