What is this Specialized Power saddle all about

Chris NewbyFraser

Enjoying mine after several rides now. Keeping it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you level it across the entire saddle (front tip to the back); or just across the front/middle part, ignoring the tail that whips up a bit?

(If that makes any sense at all!?)

it makes sense as I was conscious of that tail whip - the middle part of the seat has a much more pronounced hollow than my previous seat (if that makes sense :huh: )

so I levelled the seat across the entire saddle and this felt good on the ride this morning.  

PS : I am open to any advice in this regard, having only last week paid good moneys for a complete Body Geometry fit on both Road & MTB !

Calling on josleroux

it makes sense as I was conscious of that tail whip - the middle part of the seat has a much more pronounced hollow than my previous seat (if that makes sense :huh: )

so I levelled the seat across the entire saddle and this felt good on the ride this morning.

PS : I am open to any advice in this regard, having only last week paid good moneys for a complete Body Geometry fit on both Road & MTB !

Calling on josleroux

Are you using the power saddle on your MTB as well?

I'm wondering if getting one now just before the DC is a good idea.... Rode another bike with one earlier, and I love it.

Are you going to set it up yourself and are you happy to do this before such a long ride....how different is it to your existing saddle. That's what I would be asking myself...

I'm wondering if getting one now just before the DC is a good idea....  Rode another bike with one earlier, and I love it.

Don't do it. The other saddle you rode has probably worn in already.

Are you going to set it up yourself and are you happy to do this before such a long ride....how different is it to your existing saddle. That's what I would be asking myself...

Don't do it. The other saddle you rode has probably worn in already.

My head agrees.

My heart and ass say otherwise...

My head agrees.

You will need some time to get it 100%, so with 2 days to go I don't think its a smart move.

I have 4 of them. Started with 143 coz I thought that's what I needed . Was comfortable apart from my road bike. Went and got measured and it was coz one of my sit ones wasn't even on the saddle. 155 is my size.

Have change all of them to 155,with a spare 143 which my mate wants to try ( who swore he couldn't use one untill he borrowed a mnt bike with 155 on and said mmmm )

I own nothing else spez but have always used there saddles. The power saddle has 110% spoilt me for any other saddle. Can ride for hours on consecutive days with virtually no discomfort at all after 3 days. They not easy to set up and even the smallest movement will evpffect the postion. But when you get it right ,you don't even know it's there .

My head agrees.

You will need some time to get it 100%, so with 2 days to go I don't think its a smart move.

its easy when you know the right angle...and for me anyway it was an instant comfort thing. A saddle either suits you or it doesn't. Don't believe there is any breaking in period.

Not sure if this helps ...but I set all mine up like this. With the phone in the same postion (just on the gap) and on the same part of my garage floor always coz it's level. -0.2 - -0.6 is perfect.

post-51529-0-85430900-1479970509_thumb.jpeg

I haven't tried it on the MTB just yet.

even better on mnt bike than road bike . Honestly,if it works for you that's it end of story. Will never look at another saddle.

I have one on my mountain bike and last week I fell pretty hard! There is a slight scuff but it held up far better than I thought. I was worried about that first and foremost but now that it's out the way i'm very chuffed!

The first steep climb I shifted my weight forward as one does and it was a real eye opener. Let's just say my saddle and I bonded a bit to much in that moment... since then a bit of a change in technique and it's been great! 

I can't wait for all those attachments to become available as you can run the saddle bag with a dropper post. Although then you have to have a saddle bag  :wacko:

Archived