Ironman 70.3 Durban

ScottCM

Seems winter chills have taken their toll, here's hoping the rest & recovery has done you all good and that your respiratory systems clear before race day.

My point about the big bike groups and drafting is that deciding beforehand how you are going to respond will help on the day when it happens, otherwise it's too easy to inadvertently get sucked into it. Agree that what others do is up to them.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick (noob) question.

Sleeves for your top (above elbow). Allowed/not allowed?

Edit. Can't see anything prohibiting it in the race rules.

No issues with that, the only thing they are strict about is your top can',t be zippered down to your navel or should cover your navel-(wherever that is) that',s about all I know.   

Seems winter chills have taken their toll, here's hoping the rest & recovery has done you all good and that your respiratory systems clear before race day.

My point about the big bike groups and drafting is that deciding beforehand how you are going to respond will help on the day when it happens, otherwise it's too easy to inadvertently get sucked into it. Agree that what others do is up to them.

Impossible to get suckered into if you know the rules and play by them!!!...... you come up on someone and/or a group then pull out and overtake.  If a group overtakes you, you drop back.... if you decide to hand on to the group, you become part of the problem!!!

No issues with that, the only thing they are strict about is your top can',t be zippered down to your navel or should cover your navel-(wherever that is) that',s about all I know.   

Perfect, thanks! At least I can then hide my skinny cyclist arms. Also won't be zipping the top down. Same applies for my upper body :blush:

Hi fellow hubbers!

Laste minute gear requirement. My wife needs a new Trisuit for Sunday. Can anyone recommend a store in the pretoria area? 

Thanks!

Perfect, thanks! At least I can then hide my skinny cyclist arms. Also won't be zipping the top down. Same applies for my upper body :blush:

I would not worry, we are all shapes and sizes doing the event !!

Hi fellow hubbers!

Laste minute gear requirement. My wife needs a new Trisuit for Sunday. Can anyone recommend a store in the pretoria area? 

Thanks!

Hi try the sportsman warehouse in atebury i now they stock orca and first assent for ladys 

two pies and full suits 

Hi try the sportsman warehouse in atebury i now they stock orca and first assent for ladys 

two pies and full suits 

And FA is actually well priced for a quality tri suit.

I have the bottoms and it compares very well with Orca.

two pies and full suits 

Thanks so much! They had a sale on First ascent and Orca suits at Atterbury. Unfortunately I couldn't get the correct size. Managed to get a super nice and cheap TYR suit at Lynnwood Bridge. 

And FA is actually well priced for a quality tri suit.

I have the bottoms and it compares very well with Orca.

I had a look at them the other day. Was wondering about quality, but was not too troubled as FA always made good quality products. Will get one for my first full IM

Thanks so much! They had a sale on First ascent and Orca suits at Atterbury. Unfortunately I couldn't get the correct size. Managed to get a super nice and cheap TYR suit at Lynnwood Bridge. 

If TYR was good enough for Chrissie Wellington, it should be good enough for you.  ;)

I have one of those as well and it is all good. 

Look at the Facebook comments that Donavan vanGelder/Cybercoach posted about the bike route and some of his other comments-I found it really helpful.   

i got a 1 min penalty for the zipper story at IMSA. I want impressed. ha ha

i got a 1 min penalty for the zipper story at IMSA. I want impressed. ha ha

Was it a Lady or Gent Ref? :drool:

Edited by Wheelsuck

Look at the Facebook comments that Donavan vanGelder/Cybercoach posted about the bike route and some of his other comments-I found it really helpful.   

Thanks for this. My first ocean swim so the nerves needs all the calming it can get