Ironman 70.3 Durban

ScottCM

If anyone is really jammed for accommodation for the event, let me know, I'm about 75km outside of Durban, not ideal but better than nothing. I have a spare bed or two.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#315 Gonna be my first one, just hope I stay healthy enough for it. This time of year, post nasals everywhere so dodging it like the matrix. Anyone have tips for staying healthy up until the event?

#315 Gonna be my first one, just hope I stay healthy enough for it. This time of year, post nasals everywhere so dodging it like the matrix. Anyone have tips for staying healthy up until the event?

I have a four year old,and this time of year he is always sick, so in the same boat as you. It's hard keeping him away, but I usually just double up on my vitamins and greens, focus on rest and recovery and wash my hands as often as possible :thumbup:

I drink Linctagon C effervescents the moment my throat starts to scratch and spray with Andolex C the maximum dose to disinfect the areas for as long as it stays itchy. 

And stay away from toddlers, they are mules for the germs....

I am prone to throat infections so my Dr gave me a repeat script for Betnisol N. As soon as my throat feels dodge I sniff a few drops in each nostril. It works well for me, I usually only need to use it for a day or 2 and i'm fine again. But you need a script and I am not sure you can just ask for it.

Good luck.

Yep, same boat have a 4 and 6 year old, that would bring home the flavour of the month ito sickness :). I'm on 1 1000mg vitiman c and 1 moducare tablet per day, might increase to 2 daily closer to the time.

I drink Linctagon C effervescents the moment my throat starts to scratch and spray with Andolex C the maximum dose to disinfect the areas for as long as it stays itchy. 

And stay away from toddlers, they are mules for the germs....

Good recipe that when it comes to over the counter stuff. 

With 3 small kids in the house I pretty much live on the stuff during school terms. My oldest being the only one at school currently, he brings every germ know to man home. He had grommets in Nov last year and has been better though.

Also just had these fitted this morning, will give it a go next weekend and see how it goes.

post-40613-0-32624000-1557399862_thumb.jpg

Also just had these fitted this morning, will give it a go next weekend and see how it goes.

Nice man! also fitted a similar pair on my average road bike not to long ago, managed 30km/h ave at the cradle the other day over 40km. really helps to get into the earo position but you need to go ride a few times to adjust your position , it's really different. or go do a proper bike set up. 

Anyone know how the transition bags work? when do we get them? where and when do we leave them? tips on what to put in them? also do you guys rack your bike the day before? is it safe? so many questions!!?? :D

Hey duanelr,

search IRONMAN 70.3 Durban and in the ATHLETES tab you will find the answers to all your questions by downloading / reading the Athlete's Info Guide.

Anyone know how the transition bags work? when do we get them? where and when do we leave them? tips on what to put in them? also do you guys rack your bike the day before? is it safe? so many questions!!?? :D

So I went through that 50 page pd, being a first timer its a must read. Had no idea that you don't have access to your run bag after drop off, and that you rack your bike the day before. Thanx for the heads up 

So I went through that 50 page pd, being a first timer its a must read. Had no idea that you don't have access to your run bag after drop off, and that you rack your bike the day before. Thanx for the heads up 

They usually give most of the important details during the race briefing

+1 on what duanelr said. By the looks of it, they are very low on the handlebars. I more or less have the same ones, but ordered from China.

It took me about 250km to get use to them, and to sort my setup out. The easiest is to set them up on a stationary trainer. But if you get used to them, and your setup is right, it will make a difference

Archived