Ironman 70.3 Durban

ScottCM

just an attached FYI

Will this affect the swim, or cause it to be cancelled?  :eek:

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will this affect the swim, or cause it to be cancelled? :eek:

Nah, if you just focus you will be able to do the entire swim without taking on any water, you'll be fine. ;)

Sounds absolutely disgusting, tbh.

Nah, if you just focus you will be able to do the entire swim without taking on any water, you'll be fine. ;)

Sounds absolutely disgusting, tbh.

grapgat, I don't have much info on the leak, and where it is exactly. Maybe the swim can be moved or will not be affected by this. Otherwise like you said, it's going to be a K@k swim

#1908 for me.did my last durban in 2015.my number also sort of gives away my age.was looking forward to swimming in warm water after all this cold water clifton cape town swimming.

#1908 for me last durban was 2015 for me.my number also sort off gives away my age.was looking forward to some warmer swimming after all swims done here in ct is cold.good luck to all entrants and see you in durbs

Will this affect the swim, or cause it to be cancelled?  :eek:

If it is cancelled it will become a duathlon like in 2016

Run-cycle-Run... or Cycle-Run?

How did that work?

How did that work?

Cycle then run, it was a huge balls up all trying to get out of T1 on our bikes. 

If they know earlier the swim will be cancelled they may make a shorter run, then cycle & run. Like a proper duathlon. It also spreads everyone out a little.

Cycle then run, it was a huge balls up all trying to get out of T1 on our bikes. 

If they know earlier the swim will be cancelled they may make a shorter run, then cycle & run. Like a proper duathlon. It also spreads everyone out a little.

As long as the combined run is not more than a half marathon. 

What would be an easy fix actually. Start you at T2, run down the beach for however far the two transitions are apart 2 or 3 kms(?), then you hit T1 and jump on your bike.

As long as the combined run is not more than a half marathon. 

As CBlake says it was a balls up, you sat in the sun in transition joining a queue to get out of T1 as they let 4-5 athletes off every few seconds, messed with nutrition and many went balls to the wall on the cycle thinking that they had more in the tank as did not swim .... only to struggle on the run.... so still consider pacing and nutrition even if there no swimming.

To be fair it was a last minute call after the pro's struggled in the surf.

If they know there is not going to be a swim then it will likely be a run-bike-run, anywhere up to a 5km run to start, 90km cycle and 21km run

If left to last minute, will be a bike-run and a draft-fest !!

What would be an easy fix actually. Start you at T2, run down the beach for however far the two transitions are apart 2 or 3 kms(?), then you hit T1 and jump on your bike.

Then my shoes are at T1 when I get back to T2  :blink:

Going to be some busy volunteers taking shoes back to T2 at Suncoast and you hope they get put in the right transition bag.

Am guessing because of split transitions it would just be a bike-run balls up.... urgh!!

Maybe a barefoot beach run to T1?

Then my shoes are at T1 when I get back to T2  :blink:

Going to be some busy volunteers taking shoes back to T2 at Suncoast and you hope they get put in the right transition bag.

Am guessing because of split transitions it would just be a bike-run balls up.... urgh!!

Maybe a barefoot beach run to T1?

Of course barefoot on the beach run. Give you some lekker blisters for the rest of the event... 

:cursing:

Archived