Bonus

Really hope Cav stay in..think he is riding into form and we might still see a stage win from him...Important for DDD!

But shoulder ligaments are a big problem!!Have had both mine fubar after crashes and you normally know straight away...and Cav looked like he knew exactly what is !@#$ed!!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sagan went after the gap opened up by the fast moving Demare. Unfortunately that was the line already being followed by Cav. Door closed and nowhere to go. Mixed feelings on this one. Would hate to lose Sagan. Hope Cav, Swift and Degenkolb can continue. 

Sagan went after the gap opened up by the fast moving Demare. Unfortunately that was the line already being followed by Cav. Door closed and nowhere to go. Mixed feelings on this one. Would hate to lose Sagan. Hope Cav, Swift and Degenkolb can continue.

Nicely put.

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

So Sagan is now all the way down in 23rd place in the green jersey competition with only 15 points. Ouch.

Sagan told the pres yesterday that it is not important whether he wins the green jersey or not as there are much more important things in life so he should not be too concerned about being demoted to 23rd   :devil:​ 

So Sagan is now all the way down in 23rd place in the green jersey competition with only 15 points. Ouch.

Yip.. if he thought it would be hard winning the green jersey before..this is only going to make it harder..they punished him where it hurts..going to be very very hard.. almost impossible. .Demare and Matthews are also on fine form.

Dissapointed in Sagan [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Point is in a sprint you keep your line...no drifting or closing gaps or bull**** like that you KEEP your LINE! Whether it was the elbow or not the gap got closed. Sprints obviously get heated and judgements go out of the window. Track riders know this rule well and it works out most of the time.

Anyone saying there wasn't enough space needs to look at the aerial view from behind. It's clear as day. There was ample space and Cav had every right to be there. You can argue Sagan blocking him off is part and parcel of sprinting and I don't really have much of an issue but the elbow should be automatic DQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yip.. if he thought it would be hard winning the green jersey before..this is only going to make it harder..they punished him where it hurts..going to be very very hard.. almost impossible. .Demare and Matthews are also on fine form.

Well I guess this means we might see a lot more of Sagan in the breakaways on the less than flat stages to pick up all the intermediate sprint points he can.

Edit - scratch that. Now that he is DQ'd we won't see him at all unless Bora launches a successful appeal.

Im sorry, but 1second makes a difference. Before all that there was loads of space.

IMG_0079.PNG

Ja that is the money shot...loads of space and Cav always had the line..Sagan came across..It's very clear..no use sayin what was Cav thinking.Only one guy at fault here and he got punished for it, so now we can only hope Cav can race on.

There was only one gap and Sagan was going for it. Cavendish got closed out. The elbow wasn't to hit Cav, it was just to create an illusion that there's no space.

News from Trek is Degenkolb is okay.. banged up and sore but nothing broken

Really hope Cav stay in..think he is riding into form and we might still see a stage win from him...Important for DDD!

But shoulder ligaments are a big problem!!Have had both mine fubar after crashes and you normally know straight away...and Cav looked like he knew exactly what is !@#$ed!!

I very much doubt he will start tomorrow.

Well I guess this means we might see a lot more of Sagan in the breakaways on the less than flat stages to pick up all the intermediate sprint points he can.

He always has to in any case.. it will be very very hard for him.. oh well the only harsher penalty would've been a DQ.

Ja Gen. You must keep your man in line.  :whistling:

I expect a severe talking to. Or the dog house.  :ph34r:

Archived