Bonus

Nope that's an international jury.

The combativity is 5 frenchies ans Greg Lemond.

The UCI jury has quite some frenchies as they are closer by but the top spots are often not French. In the past it was often Martin Bruin who said he would also have kicked Sagan home and would have relegated home boy Demare.

This year the number two spot went to a spaniard and the top spot was held by a belgian(very capable guy)(might be biased as I had quite a few drinks paid by him and his mates and coleagues back in the days)

edit There where two ladies as well of which one Italian edit end

So it's true, ze Germans don't have a sense of humor?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna miss you guys . . . . :-(

Don't go get all mushy on us now, please. Lol.

We'll be giving you a hard time soon enough about your team's performance at the Vuelta .

Many thanks for sharing the pics and videos, and giving us a "on the ground view".

This is starting to feel like a club at 3am when the lights are being turned on.

I'm outa here, before I take one of you ugly mofos home and end up regretting it more than Quintana regrets pitching at the Tour.

Gonna miss you too, Patch. See you in 3,5 weeks

How much do you think a signed (not even washed, looking at framing it) Chris Froome original Barloworld cycling jersey (not many of them around if any signed by CF) is worth after his 4th TDF win and should i hold onto it in the event of a 5th win which should make it worth even more?

I think that Cycle Lab would make you a nice offer.

I think that it would fetch a nice penny.

I have some newbie questions about "Le Tour". Only followed the Tour the last 3 years or so and I enjoyed it immensely. It is a fantastic event to follow, from the drop of the white flag to the chaos of the finish it kept me spellbound. However I do wonder about the following:

1) What makes a GC contender, as opposed to a points/jersey winner? Is the GC contenders the best overall cyclist and do they finish closest to 1st everyday?

2) Why do you not attack the leader when they have a mechanical? Is a mechanical not just part and parcel of cycling?

3) Why is the last stage not also used to try and win the race?

4) Is "Le Tour" the toughest of the Grand Tours?

1 - GC contendor is the best overall in terms of that Tours terrain and stages. Typically they are the best climbers and TT riders overall as a collective.

2 - To me the Tour is won by the best rider and team - this is not just physical but also in the background like equipment etc. If your equipment fails that is your fault - the other riders didnt so they have done a better job. I have a issue with the "lets wait for him to fix his issues" Best man and equipment wins.

3 - Out of respect to the event and riders - the Tour ends with the final TT and the ride to Paris is a precession for the riders and ends in a sprint.

4 - Not by a long way - the Giro and Vuelta are always harder and the racing is a lot more aggressive overall. Especially in the Vuelta. Giro in my opinion is the hardest of the 3 each year course wise.

EDIT: Sorry I saw Draggo replied to this only once I posted.

Edited by J Wakefield

I think that Cycle Lab would make you a nice offer.

I think that it would fetch a nice penny.

Nah, think they will be too stingy if you look at what they sell stuff at :ph34r:

This is starting to feel like a club at 3am when the lights are being turned on.

I'm outa here, before I take one of you ugly mofos home and end up regretting it more than Quintana regrets pitching at the Tour.

Hehehe

Chirp of the morning ????????

How much do you think a signed (not even washed, looking at framing it) Chris Froome original Barloworld cycling jersey (not many of them around if any signed by CF) is worth after his 4th TDF win and should i hold onto it in the event of a 5th win which should make it worth even more?

My gawd those jerseys were ugly.

I'm thinking it is quite rare, but seeing snapshots pre race, the guys do seem to sign a lot of jerseys.

Maybe the guy from barlowworld who thought it was money well spent wouldn't mind spending a bit more?

I drove past a Mapei bakkie. this morning and i was reminded of something.

Aren't the cycling jersey, seen in the Tour de France peleton boring and dull these days. White or Navy Blue.

The days of the Mapei Kit or even the bright orange of Euskaltel Euskadi.

The Movistar kit ain't too bad. But someone please tell AG2R to get new kit. Those brown bibs look like they have common old wimmin's stockings on.