The Pyrenees - Road, MTB & Enduro Riding, Trail Building, Iconic GT Climbs & Nearby Attractions....

Bonus

Myself, Darren and Bernie did an evening ride on Zona Zero Route 6 light (ZL-006 - La Ribera de Fiscal).

We joined the circular route at its "half way point" - the abandoned village of Janovas, so we did the second half and then the first half  1f642.png 

It was dark by the time we got back to Janovas, much later than anticipated, and Bernie - the one out of the three who is not an MTB Guide - saved the day on the last km with a bike light he had tucked in his bag  ;-)

https://www.relive.cc/view/g21791746708?r=embed-site

Edited by Bonus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tour de France Fever" is upon us! Today we plan to take our road bikes out for a spin up the road. Will be my first road ride this year!

Yesterday morning I cleaned them and pumped up the tyres . . so they know it's coming.

Will take a while to get used to the skinny wheels again 1f642.png

"MTB Bike Cleaning with a view"

After exploring new routes and trails, the bike deserved a clean-up.

post-4874-0-93531700-1530781954_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus

• 2 weeks later...

Riding ZZ-018 with my friend Mark from Scotland a few days ago.

I left the Team Sky kit in the cupboard and wore "baggies" for a change, just to keep Mark happy! As it happened, he also brought an extra pair of baggy shorts in his bag for me because my "Lycra" attire is something we joke about.

I liked the "Baggy shorts and Zona Zero shirt" combo so much I think I'll adopt it as my unofficial guiding uniform . . .  :-)

post-4874-0-32386600-1531643243_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-16129700-1531643255_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-47742100-1531643263_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-33663000-1531643271_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Had a great morning last Saturday in glorious weather!

ZZ-019, Route 19 out of the village of "Camporrotuno" with some friends from Scotland and from Andorra.

No pics of me . . . I was the cameraman!

post-4874-0-95567300-1532799500_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-47084000-1532799607_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-31684500-1532799649_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I've been looking for ways of joining sections of several different Zona Zero routes together in order to create some "day long" XC routes.

Zona Zero is great as it is for Enduro riders and I'm doing what I can to make it great for XC and Technical XC riders.

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it . . . . ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

A few weeks ago a friend of mine thought to arrange a weekly social ride that starts and finishes in Ainsa.

The ride is about an hour and a half long and covers a bit of everything. Some fire road along the Rio Cinca, some technical climbing - not too difficult but hard enough to be interesting", some nice descending, some riding along a dry river bed, a bit of singletrack and finally a coffee stop.

This week was the third week and we were joined by four guys from Holland. It was a bit faster than usual today but great fun. We don't generally race because it's a social ride but today everyone present was happy to go for it a bit . . . so we did.

post-4874-0-06205300-1534932523_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-25791600-1534932538_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-43509000-1534932553_thumb.jpg

Our Weekly Social Ride #4 - Zona Zero, Ainsa

This week we had a couple of new friends join us on our social ride. Adolfo Martinez from Cartagena down in Murcia and Argentine, Mario Ferreti, from Barcelona.

We adapt the basic route each week to suit whoever turns up and his week we ended up doing a comfortable 20km with 434m of climbing. Everyone finished with a smile, which is always good!

We are surrounded by amazing scenery and great people.

Happy days 1f642.png

Here's me with the Mediano Lake in the background . . . .

post-4874-0-90740700-1535561676_thumb.jpg

One of the guys that joined us for our Wednesday Social Ride posted a great comment about us on FB:

"Totalmente recomendado estas guías en Ainsa ... en una mañana dieron tiempo libre, y luego hicieron una buena ruta en ellas, para ver que son personas excelentes y muy buenas guías! Saludos y abrazo a Marce Xirinachs , Jeroen Spoelstra y Bonus"

(Totally recommended these guides in Ainsa ... in one morning they gave up their free time and they made an excellent route. I see that they are excellent people and very good guides! Greetings and a hug to Marce Xirinachs , Jeroen Spoelstra and Bonus)

Good to get great feedback :-)

Wendy and I have volunteered to help out at Stage 7 of the Enduro World Series when it comes here in a fortnight.

We're down for helping during the week with registrations and general admin, and over the racing weekend we'll be in the Paddock.

Looking forward to it!

On Monday morning there was an "Enduro World Series 2018" meeting held by the local organisers (Ainsa Zona Zero staff) for people who have volunteered to help.

We went through the layout of the Expo, Paddock and parking areas etc - which will all be in the Castle grounds (up in Ainsa Old Town) and discussed what the various jobs would be that need doing.

Yesterday we were sent an up to date "schedule of events" which included maps of all the routes for the World Series stages that will be held over the weekend of the 22nd/23rd as well as the route for Fridays "Enduro Challenge" which is open to non professionals.

At the moment there are around 400 Pros riding and 80 non-Pros taking part in the challenge.

It's going to be amazing :-)