The Pyrenees - Road, MTB & Enduro Riding, Trail Building, Iconic GT Climbs & Nearby Attractions....

Bonus

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to get to Stage 6 of the " Volta Ciclista a Catalunya" on Saturday.

It's going to pass here about 40km away. Just depends on work & weather!

• 4 weeks later...

The weather here is driving us nuts at the moment!

We had a long almost entirely dry winter. It got colder much sooner at the end of last year than it did the year before. Winter came early - November was sunny but chilly :-(
It was fine for riding though - just had to wrap up, and although it was cold, it wasn't wet and muddy. In fact it was so dry that the percentage levels of how full the various dams and lakes in Spain were, got down to the low teens.

Where we are living, "Spring" seems to be constantly flicking between two states - one day it's 20 degrees & sunny and we see people on bikes all over - the next day it's raining all day, the trails are wet and muddy and no one is to be seen anywhere!

In the last few weeks in other parts of Spain there has been so much rain that some of the major rivers are now flooding through towns and villages. Thankfully we're fine where we are, although we've had a fair bit of rain come down in the last two weeks ourselves.

Today it's sunny again, yesterday I worked in waterproof clothes because it rained hard all day long! Living in the foothills of the mountains certainly makes life interesting . . .

:-)

Edited by Bonus

• 4 weeks later...

I had planned to get my "European Guiding Qualification" this Spring so that I could potentially start "working" this Summer, but because I've actually been working at a local campsite for the last couple of months, I've been putting the trip off.

Tomorrow at work I should find out whether I have guaranteed work over the Summer at the campsite. If I do then I will push the Guiding Course back until after the season ends - which is at the end of September. If not then I will plan to do it asap.

• 2 weeks later...

The "Festival Zona Zero Sobrarbe"

EWS 2018 Round 7 - 22–23 September 2018 @ "Zona Zero" Sobrarbe.

:-)

Unpacked in our B&B and getting ready for tomorrow - first day of my MIAS MTB Guiding course.

Met the instructor when we got here and I'm looking forward to it.

Unpacked in our B&B and getting ready for tomorrow - first day of my MIAS MTB Guiding course.

Met the instructor when we got here and I'm looking forward to it.

Good luck Tony.

I'm happy to say that, after a few very intensive days, I am now going to be awarded the professional qualification of a Mountain Bike Instructors Award.

Tonight is a rest night but over the next few days I'll tell you about what we did :-)

• 2 weeks later...

The "TransPyr Gran Raid" MTB stage race passed through Ainsa on Wednesday evening, where the days stage finished on a dirt track next to the Rio Cinca.

I popped along to have a look, took some pictures and chatted to a few people. This year there were around 300 riders competing.

It looked well organised and the riders coming in seemed to be enjoying themselves. Ainsa is at roughly the half way point.

I'll post more details on a separate thread . . . . just in case anyone is interested in competing next year :-)

post-4874-0-16100000-1529172901_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-67246200-1529173137_thumb.jpg

Zona Zero Route 19 from Camporrotuno. It was hot, but worth it!

https://www.relive.cc/view/g21791745876?r=embed-site

Edited by Bonus