The Pyrenees - Road, MTB & Enduro Riding, Trail Building, Iconic GT Climbs & Nearby Attractions....

Bonus

I'm banking on my wiremans license and A few other things I still want to get to be my bridge over to one of those countries :P

Go for it! As much as I gather you still a student? Then the world is there for you.

Me? Too many dependants...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have lots and lots and lots of money...

Or if you have a trustfund in Monaco...

No disrespect meant towards Bonus, to be living abroad is also a dream I aspire to but wil deffinitely not happen

We did it / are doing it on a budget and it is hard.

Go for it! As much as I gather you still a student? Then the world is there for you.

Me? Too many dependants...

You are correct Sir , Figured if I want to leave I'll have to do it within the next 5-8 years.

Just need to get some things sorted so foreign countries think I'll be an asset to them. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Angel Cheliz, who owns the "Intersport" sports shop in Ainsa and who is one of the founding members of the whole "Zona-Zero MTB" concept - showing off the latest edition of route maps.

There are now 52 official base routes and too many variations and link-ways to even count. Somewhere in the region of 800km of track in it's various forms, Singletrack, Jeep track, Fire roads, Antiguo (ancient) paths . . . the list goes on.

I've barely scraped the surface so far!

post-4874-0-82794800-1501320833_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus

"La Batalla Del Inframundo" (The Battle of the Underworld) - This is the name given to a race being held on 23rd September this year at Zona Zero.

The sales pitch (translated by me!) goes along the lines of.....

"YOU CAN JOIN THE BATTLE OF THE UNDERWORLD - The GIANT TRAIL of ZONE ZERO.

We have good news. We have obtained a sponsorship of the last minute that allows us to reduce the registration to 67 euros and 120 euros for mixed couples.

In case you think it's an easy ride, the man in the photo will be the "broom man". Basically he will be dedicated to "finishing off" the stragglers. (read that as you like! lol)

Come and win the coveted Sword of the Victor engraved with the motto: "PUNISH THE BODY AND RELEASE THE SOUL".

In the Territory of Zona Zero - Survive and be Counted!"

post-4874-0-32750100-1501846381_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-13184800-1501846385_thumb.jpg

From the Zona Zero Website:

"The fate is cast, we have been tasked with defeating Mordor on 23 September - We need everyone's help, get your bike ready and come. And if we don't win, we might as well have a good time"

post-4874-0-23652400-1502206064_thumb.jpg

This has it's own thread but I wanted to put it on here too because it's so important to us!

The EWS calendar for 2018 has been published. Stage 7 will be here in Ainsa Sobrabe on 22nd and 23rd September!

Fantastic news :-)

https://dirtmountain...r-released.html

Edited by Bonus

• 2 weeks later...
The "Intersport" sports shop in Ainsa has a bike workshop and Angel stocks a wide range of replacement Rear Mech Hangers there.

As with any MTB cycling holiday though, I'd advise you keep one of your own spare in your kit just in case . . . . I was in the shop chatting to Angel yesterday when a lad brought his bike in with a broken hanger and his own replacement part. He'd stacked on his first ride on the first day of a two week holiday!

Angel fitted it for him and fixed his bent brake lever and he was back on the trails by the afternoon :-)

post-4874-0-69286700-1504039443_thumb.jpg

I've spent this weekend riding Zona Zero with a group of guys from Denmark!

About 6 weeks ago a chap called Bent Grested asked to join my FB page "MTB Ainsa!" (which is pretty much the FB version of this thread)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1118185251605562/

He said he was flying down from Denmark with some friends to ride the Zona Zero trails and was reading up all he could about the area on-line. I gave him some help & info regarding bike hire shops etc because they were not all bring their own bikes and then when they got here on Friday Wendy and I met them for a beer up in the Old Town Plaza. I offered to show them some of my favorite trails and so we all spent two days exploring together.

A really nice bunch of guys, into XC with "techy" descents, similar level of fitness and bike skill to me and not adverse to climbing - although Denmark is very very flat apparently, so it was hard work for them :-)  Saturday was 55km, 1033meters of climbing and a max temp of 37 degrees C. The average temp was quite a bit lower thankfully.

This is exactly the sort of thing we are going to try and do for people when our B&B is open. Help them plan before they get here and then feed them, look after them and show then around once they are here.

On Saturdays ride we ended up coming though our village, Guaso, and we stopped in at the farmhouse for a coffee with Wendy and Rosa - who was very happy to have 5 "Guapo Hombres" (good looking young guys) in her kitchen while Ramon was out! I did the translating while they took photos of Rosa and her kitchen before we carried on with our ride. We stopped and had a look at our "house to be" on our way past and they loved it and the views. They are sure it will be fantastic once it's all done and they want to come back next year and stay with us - let's hope we have somewhere for them by then!

They enjoyed the riding, I enjoyed the English speaking company and Rosa enjoyed having visitors. It was a nice, though fairly tough, weekend.

Bent, Pauli, Jakob, Jan and Soren . . .

post-4874-0-06053300-1504472625_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This Saturday is the Zona Zero race - "La Batalla Del Inframundo" (The Battle of the Underworld) in Ainsa, Spain.

This video shows you the views from one of the highest points of the race followed by one of the descents. No sure who the rider is but he's having fun!  1f642.png

I really am happy to be living in such a beautiful place!

https://youtu.be/ayym0LNvIkc

Edited by Bonus